This new infographic from Credit Sesame takes the matter of personal safety a step further, and asks: does social media compromise the security of your home?
- 78% of burglars use Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare to target potential properties
- 15% of Americans use social media to report that they have left their home
- 35% of Americans aged 18-34 check in or tweet about their location
The graphic also offers tips to improve your home’s social security.
(Source: Credit Sesame. Top image credit: z576 via Shutterstock.)
- Twitter Apps Are Now More Secure
- Apple, Facebook, Zendesk, Twitter - Was Your Data Compromised In 2013? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn - How To Disappear Online [INFOGRAPHIC]
- How To Use Social Media To Find The Personal Info Of Complete Strangers (And Really Freak Them Out)