If you missed the space shuttle flying by overheard today or yesterday (assuming you were in an area where it flew by overhead, that is), you can always check out the #SpotTheShuttle hashtag to view tweets and images from folks who pay attention to such things before they fly by.
And if you’re in California, you can still catch it – if your schedule is REALLY flexible.
The L.A. Times reports the space shuttle Endeavour is making its final journey to the California Science Center in Los Angeles. The trip marks the end of NASA’s shuttle program.
It’s in Texas today. Here are some shots folks shared on Twitter:
If you’re in California, you can still see it fly by, according to NASA (on a page that seems to be constantly updated with changing info):
On the morning of Friday, Sept. 21, 2012, space shuttle Endeavour is scheduled to visit northern California with a low-level flyover of NASA Ames Research Center before flying to Los Angeles to be permanently installed at the California Science Center. The approximate time for the flyover is between 9:00 and 9:30 a.m.
To commemorate this event celebrating NASA Ames’ contributions to the Space Shuttle Program, the center will be holding a public event at the Moffett Federal Airfield, starting at 6:00 a.m. The schedule of events is:
- 6 a.m.: Doors open; food trucks available
- 7 a.m. – 10 a.m.: Visit booths about Ames contributions to the Space Shuttle Program
- 8:30 a.m.: Welcome by Ames Center Director S. Pete Worden and Special Guest Speaker
- 9 a.m.: Countdown to flyover
PLEASE NOTE: Due to weather conditions and/or operational constraints, the flyover could be delayed or canceled.
Will you be attending tomorrow or Friday’s events? Be sure to tweet your #SpotTheShuttle pics if you do!
(Shuttle image from Shutterstock)
- How Fast Can You Tweet?
- Here’s What Twitter, Instagram, Google, Spotify and Skype Would Have Looked Like in the 1980s
- Tweet-a-Program to Wolfram Alpha's @wolframtap and it Tweets Back The Result
- Twitter Bot is Helping to Shut Down Dirty Restaurants in Chicago