The telecom industry is booming, and there are plenty of competitors vying for your communication-allocated dollars. But just how are these giants competing on Twitter?
Traditionally, telecommunications meant phone lines: now it means voice, data, video and other multimedia communication services. As we are increasingly embracing digital communication, it makes sense that the providers of this infrastructure would take to Twitter to sway us towards their products.
- Big telecoms aren’t necessarily concerned about their Klout scores: Ranging from 32 to 56, most of these companies don’t have an enviable score, considering their industry.
- Siemens is the most long-winded brand, with 750 tweets that max out Twitter’s 140 character limit.
- Cisco Systems has, by far, the most followers at 90,239. The next most-followed brand is ShoreTel with 11,348
- HootSuite and TweetDeck are the two most-used platforms to send tweets, next to the web.
You can see for yourself how some of the world’s largest Telecoms are using Twitter in the infographic below (click to enlarge):
- The World Of Social Media Monitoring And Analytics [INFOGRAPHIC]
- How To Build Your Digital Audience Across Social Media, Email And Mobile [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Past, Present And Future Of Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Women Dominate Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]