Last week Katy Perry became the first Twitter user to reach 50 million followers, and she continues to increase her lead on second-placed (and former number one) Justin Bieber, with a gap of almost one million followers opening up between the pair.
Former Queen of Twitter Lady Gaga has dropped to fourth place overall, being being caught and passed by President Obama, and faces growing competition from Taylor Swift.
The rest of Twitter’s top 10 remains static, but Cristiano Ronaldo (24,291,900 followers) is likely to edge above Ellen Degeneres in the weeks to come, becoming the first athlete to break into Twitter’s top 10.
Here’s an updated look at Twitter’s 10 most-popular individuals.
1. Katy Perry (@katyperry, 50,142,821 followers)
2. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber, 49,327,662)
3. Barack Obama (@barackobama, 41,264,744)
4. Lady Gaga (@ladygaga, 41,024,410)
5. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13, 38,795,406)
6. Britney Spears (@britneyspears, 35,704,598)
7. Rihanna (@rihanna, 33,954,279)
8. Justin Timberlake (@jtimberlake, 30,272,486)
9. Jennifer Lopez (@JLo, 26,481,876)
10. Ellen Degeneres (@TheEllenShow, 24,780,030)
(Source: Twitter Counter.)
- Twitter's User Growth is The Lowest it's Ever Been
- Can Twitter Reach 300 Million Active Users Before 2015?
- Facebook: 22.36% of Social Referrals in September (Pinterest: 5.52%, Twitter: 0.88%)
- The 13 Most Popular Social Networks (By Age Group)