Katy Perry, who became the first Twitter user to reach 50 million followers in January of this year, continues to reign supreme as the Queen of Twitter, with a lead of more than one million followers over second-placed (and former number one) Justin Bieber, who also reached 50 million followers earlier this month.
After hosting Sunday’s Academy Awards Ellen Degeneres (@TheEllenShow) posted the biggest gains month-on-month, adding more than 2.5 million followers to her tally, leap-frogging Jennifer Lopez in the process.
Here’s the latest look at Twitter’s 10 most-popular individuals.
1. Katy Perry (@katyperry, 51,066,367 followers)
2. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber, 50,035,834)
3. Barack Obama (@barackobama, 41,823,678)
4. Lady Gaga (@ladygaga, 41,053,675)
5. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13, 39,484,916)
6. Britney Spears (@britneyspears, 36,194,248)
7. Rihanna (@rihanna, 34,360,213)
8. Justin Timberlake (@jtimberlake, 31,030,911)
9. Ellen Degeneres (@TheEllenShow, 27,382,062)
10. Jennifer Lopez (@JLo, 26,802,530)
(Source: Twitter Counter.)
- Twitter Diversity Statistics: 70% Male Globally, 59% White, 29% Asian in U.S. [REPORT]
- Millionaires Love Facebook, Ignore Twitter
- Facebook: 23% of all Social Traffic in June (Pinterest Dips, Twitter Flat at 1%) [STATS]
- Pinterest, Tumblr Drive More Website Traffic Than Twitter, Says StatCounter [STATS]