Katy Perry, who became the first Twitter user to reach 50 million followers in January of this year, continues to reign supreme as the Queen of Twitter, with a lead of more than one million followers over second-placed (and former number one) Justin Bieber, who also reached 50 million followers earlier this month.
After hosting Sunday’s Academy Awards Ellen Degeneres (@TheEllenShow) posted the biggest gains month-on-month, adding more than 2.5 million followers to her tally, leap-frogging Jennifer Lopez in the process.
Here’s the latest look at Twitter’s 10 most-popular individuals.
1. Katy Perry (@katyperry, 51,066,367 followers)
2. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber, 50,035,834)
3. Barack Obama (@barackobama, 41,823,678)
4. Lady Gaga (@ladygaga, 41,053,675)
5. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13, 39,484,916)
6. Britney Spears (@britneyspears, 36,194,248)
7. Rihanna (@rihanna, 34,360,213)
8. Justin Timberlake (@jtimberlake, 31,030,911)
9. Ellen Degeneres (@TheEllenShow, 27,382,062)
10. Jennifer Lopez (@JLo, 26,802,530)
(Source: Twitter Counter.)
- New York Fashion Week on Twitter: More Than 1.2 Million Tweets About #NYFW
- Twitter: More Than 2.4 Million Tweets About #AppleLive (Peaking at 32,305 TPM)
- 5 Crazy Ways Social Media is Changing Your Brain Right Now
- 81.9% of Social Shares Happen on Facebook (Twitter: 8.6%, Pinterest: 3%) [STUDY]