Selena Gomez has became the tenth and latest Twitter user to reach 10 million followers, passing the total yesterday.
Gomez joins joins Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, President Barack Obama, Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian, Britney Spears, Shakira, Rihanna and Taylor Swift as the tenth human, eighth woman and sixth female musical artist to become a member of Twitter’s 10 million club.
Gomez took 45 days to accumulate her latest million followers.
Ashton Kutcher, the first user to reach one million followers on Twitter, is eleventh in line and should be the next person to pass eight figures, on paper at least. Kutcher’s star has been very much in descent in recent times on Twitter, and he may be caught and passed by Ellen Degeneres, who is less than a couple of hundred thousand followers behind. Oprah Winfrey also has him in her sights.
Shakira has made the biggest jump in the top 10, leaping up to the fourth spot. Rihanna has moved above President Obama, who drops down to eighth. Overall, Twitter’s most-followed members list continues to skew heavily towards female celebrities – eight of the top 10 are women.
At the time of writing, Twitter’s most-followed users are:
1. Lady Gaga (@ladygaga, 18,695,139)
2. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber, 16,958,774)
3. Katy Perry (@katyperry, 14,506,514)
4. Shakira (@shakira, 13,396,335)
5. Kim Kardashian (@kimkardashian, 12,886,786)
6. Britney Spears (@britneyspears, 12,772,514)
7. Rihanna (@rihanna, 12,712,471)
8. Barack Obama (@barackobama, 12,248,230)
9. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13, 10,709,439)
10. Selena Gomez (@selenagomez, 10,010,030)
- If You Like Awkward Things, You'll Love Watching Nick Offerman Read Young Female Celebrities' Tweets
- Vines Are Shared 4x More Than Other Videos [VIDEO]
- Celebrities Reading Mean Tweets From Twitter Trolls
- Who Would YOU Like To Stalk On Twitter?