First off, what’s a Twitter bomb? It’s when a group of people send multiple tweets out about a specific topic.
And this topic, student loan forgiveness, is a doozy. At least in the U.S., it is.
We must convince every member of the House Education Committee to stop stalling and to schedule HR 4170 for a hearing so that struggling borrowers can get the relief they so desperately need. Over ONE MILLION of you have signed the petition in support of HR 4170 and now, we need you more than ever!
Therefore, please join us in a Twitter-bomb campaign on Wednesday July 11th at 2pm Eastern Time (11am Pacific). We’re going to bombard every member of the committee with tweets, using the hashtag#ListenToTheMillion to convince them that they must act on behalf of struggling borrowers NOW.
He’s asking that you send separate tweets to each member of the committee using the hashtag #ListenToTheMillion. What should you say? Here are some examples:
- Hold hearings on H.R. 4170! http://hr4170.com/ #ListenToTheMillion
- We need Student Loan Relief NOW! http://hr4170.com/ #ListenToTheMillion
- The people have spoken! Bring H.R. 4170 up for a vote! http://hr4170.com/ #ListenToTheMillion
- Over One Million for Student Loan Forgiveness! http://hr4170.com/ #ListenToTheMillion
Or any other similar message you come up with.
Will you be participating?
(Erase debt image from Shutterstock)
- Photographer Wins Landmark $1.2M Lawsuit Against Companies That Took His Twitter Photos
- Grenada Makes It A Criminal Offense To Insult Someone Online
- Will Twitter's Dublin Headquarters Open It Up To Libel Lawsuits?
- Controversial NYPD Twitter Feed Vindicated As Convicted Criminals Reoffend