The blog will track “cool, meaningful uses of Twitter in TV, music, sports, government, journalism and more.”
In a post introducing the blog, Twitter Media Team’s Head of Global Operations, Ben Grossman, wrote,
“Hello from the @twittermedia team, and welcome to our new blog. This is the place where we will celebrate you — our users and media partners — for all you do to truly make Twitter a global town square.”
The blog technically launched July 2, but @TwitterMedia sent a tweet officially calling attention to its new web property just yesterday:
Thrilled to unveil our new blog highlighting great work on Twitter by media partners, plus how-to's, data viz, more: https://t.co/TaNgNcxAmy
— Twitter Media (@twittermedia) July 9, 2013
Topics of coverage to expect from the Twitter Media Blog include, per Grossman:
· highlights and examples of new and innovative uses of Twitter
· updates on latest features and products
· tips for maximizing presence and impact on Twitter
Twitter redesigned its blog interface back in April, a departure from the typical Twitter aesthetic. The company is clearly putting more eggs in its blog basket.
The Twitter Media Blog joins Google Inside Search and Facebook Stories as a media endeavor designed to help inspire journalists’ use of social media networks.
- Twitter Rolling Out New Twitter.com Look To Match Its Android And iOS Apps
- Twitter Updates Its Login Page In The Wake Of Its IPO Announcement
- Twitter Makes Embedded Tweets' Photos Larger And Richer
- Finally: Twitter Rolls Out DM Syncing Across Devices With 5.8 App Update