Twitter’s second quarter earnings for 2014 are out and they’ve beaten expectations across the board.
The big number: Twitter now has 271 million monthly active users (MAU), a net gain of 16 million on the last quarter and up 24 percent year-on-year.
Q2 revenue was $312 million, up 124 percent year-on-year, and non-GAAP EPS was $0.02 for the quarter.
- Mobile MAUs reached 211 million in the second quarter of 2014, an increase of 29 percent YOY, representing 78% of total MAUs
- Timeline views reached 173 billion for the second quarter of 2014, an increase of 15 percent YOY
- Advertising revenue per thousand timeline views reached $1.60 in the second quarter of 2014, an increase of 100 percent YOY
The stock has rallied significantly in after-hours trading, breaking $50 and at one point up more than 35 percent.
- Twitter Raises $1.8 Billion After Strong Demand for Notes
- This is How Twitter Will Look on Your Apple Watch
- Twitter Eyes $1.5 Billion Debt Offering
- Twitter's @IllustratedTypo Turns Your Typos Into Illustrated Tweets