Many small bookstores and independent media publishers would love to keep up with the latest forms of technology and accept mobile payments, but don’t have the agency budgets of a Starbucks or a Dunkin’ Donuts to build a mobile platform. Don’t fret, you don’t have to. All you need is a smartphone or a tablet, and one of these apps and you’re on your way.
To help you guys out, we’ve put together a list of apps that will allow you to accept mobile payments. We’ve included links to the app’s website and their description below.
1. LevelUp: “LevelUp’s Interchange Zero payment network allows customers to pay with their phones instead of cash or cards. This is fast, secure and convenient. It also enables us to offer 0% payment processing fees. When a customer pays you $10 on LevelUp, you get $10! LevelUp grows your business. LevelUp offers a unique suite of ‘campaigns’ designed to grow your business. Campaigns can help you attract new customers, convert them into loyal customers, or even invite them to join your mailing list.”
2. Square: “Start accepting credit cards today on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Pay one simple rate of 2.75% per swipe for Visa, American Express, MasterCard and Discover. No contracts or monthly fees. No merchant account needed. Funds are deposited into your bank account the next business day.”
3. Phone Swipe: “Accept credit cards by transforming your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch into a credit card terminal with Phone Swipe. Upon merchant account approval, receive a free credit card reader to accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Phone Swipe is backed by North American Bancard, an industry leader in credit card processing with 20 years of experience.”
4. PayAnywhere: “With the lowest transaction rate in the industry, just 2.69% per swipe, PayAnywhere lets you pay-as-you-go, with no monthly minimums or monthly fees. Receive funds within 2 business days of processed sales. Accept credit cards anytime, anywhere, from anyone. From seasonal businesses and fundraisers to contractors and food trucks, PayAnywhere is perfect for any size business.”
5. Intuit GoPayment Card Reader: “Free Credit Card Reader and App for Small Business Mobile Credit Card Processing. Never Miss a Sale! Accept payments anywhere with Intuit GoPayment app and FREE mobile card reader. Free Card Reader plugs into the audio jack of your Android. Swipe a card, get authorization and collect a signature in seconds.”