Google+ has rolled out a whole toolbox filled with new options for video Hangouts in the new social network.
This AppNewser editor experimented with the new service today (recording the video chat about Internet Week embedded above). To help readers record videos, we’ve included a short guide below for recording your next Google+ Hangout.
The Google+ Hangouts Over Air feature will be rolled out for users over the next few weeks. Here’s more from Google: “Record and re-share. Once you’re off the air, we’ll upload a public recording to your YouTube channel, and to your original Google+ post. This way it’s easy to share and discuss your broadcast after it’s over.”
1. Once you are logged into your account, visit the Google+ Hangouts link.
2. You will see this screen:
3. Invite friends, click the “Enable Hangouts on Air” button.
4. Click “Hang out.”
5. Once inside, you can chat with your friends and prepare before pressing record. After a short countdown, your recording will begin.
6. When you are finished, click on the YouTube link connected to your account. Google will automatically upload the recording there.