Newsweek/The Daily Beast has announced several promotions and changes. See below for a summary, then after the jump for the full memo from Tina Brown.
- Chelsie Gosk has been promoted to senior director of digital strategy and audience development
- Brian Ries has been promoted to senior editor, social media
- Joyce Tang has been named deputy editor of Newsweek’s iPad and tablet editions
- Will O’Connor is rejoining as public relations associate
- Sam Schlinkert has been named deputy social media editor and audience coordinator
We are very pleased to take this opportunity to announce that:
Chelsie Gosk has been promoted to Senior Director of Digital Strategy and Audience Development. Chelsie has been with us since the early days of The Daily Beast and her promotion reflects her hard work in various roles over the years. In this new position she will be responsible for domestic and international audience development including partnerships and content syndication.
Brian Ries has been promoted to Senior Editor, Social Media. He will continue to create social content for The Daily Beast and will help us develop social strategy for new digital platforms as well as for marketing programs. Brian, who joined us two years ago, has another important role: he is the captain of the (2-10) Newsweek/Daily Beast softball team…better luck next year!
Joyce Tang, a graduate of Columbia Journalism School and another Beast original, will become Deputy Editor of Newsweek’s iPad and tablet editions. Originally a Homepage Editor, Joyce has been managing editorial partnerships and pitching our stories out to the blogosphere for the past two years. She will work with Melissa Lafsky Wall to create content for the digital edition of Newsweek, which has seen a 233 percent increase in subs since the redesigned version hit the app store in January.
Welcome back to Will O’Connor. A recent graduate of Georgetown, Will interned with us a number of years ago and we are very pleased that he has come back to work as Public Relations Associate with Andrew Kirk.
Sam Schlinkert, who joined us last fall as an intern and quickly became an indispensible member of the Beast’s social media team, will now manage ongoing editorial partnerships, another of Joyce’s former jobs. He has been promoted to Deputy Social Media Editor and Audience Coordinator.
Please join us in congratulating Chelsie, Brian, Joyce, and Sam and please welcome Will back to the company.
Tina and Stephen
- Mental Floss Expands Digital Team
- Nina Willdorf Named Editor of All You
- Esquire Names Fashion Manager, Variety Adds Film and Media Reporter
- Entertainment Weekly Adds Editor, Eater Names EIC