Quartz, the soon-to-launch business site from Atlantic Media, has made four new hires.
- S. Mitra Kalita is joining the site as commentary editor. Kalita comes to Quartz from The Wall Street Journal, where she has worked since 2008, most recently as senior special writer, covering housing and the economy.
- Steve LeVine comes to Quartz from Foreign Policy. LeVine will be a Washington correspondent for the site. LeVine previously worked for Businessweek and The Wall Street Journal.
- Euny Hong has been named the lifestyle editor of Quartz. Hong was most recently the news editor for France 24, France’s 24-hour news network. Before that, she worked as a freelance journalist, and her work can be seen in publications such as The New York Times, The Boston Globe, The Washington Post and The Financial Times.
- Tim Fernholz joins Quartz from GOOD, where he was the business editor. Before that he was a lead writer for National Journal.
- Muscle & Fitness Names New Publisher Ahead of Redesign
- Ryan D’Agostino Named Editor-in-Chief of Popular Mechanics
- Felix Salmon Leaves Reuters, Quartz Adds Two, Yahoo Names Exec Editor
- Richard Turley to Leave Businessweek for MTV