Novelist Lisa Mondello led our Self-Published Bestsellers List this week with a 99-cent boxed set that included three full books.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, B&N, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you are an author, check out our new online course–finish your book with the help of bestselling independent authors.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, April 1, 2013
1. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder: “I wasn’t always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way. Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.”
2. Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley: “For Abby Renard, the plan was supposed to be simple—join her brothers’ band on the last leg of their summer tour and decide if she’s finally ready for the limelight by becoming its fourth member.”
3. Light in the Shadows by A. Meredith Walters: “How do you keep going when you feel like your life is over? Maggie never thought she’d see Clay again. So, she attempts to put her life back together after her heart has been shattered to pieces.”
4. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed: “Meeting Jett was like lightning. Dangerous. Better left untouched. And better forgotten. But lightning always strikes twice.”
5. Tempting Fate Boxed Set by Lisa Mondello: “3 full length Contemporary Romance novels”
6. The Walk by Lee Goldberg: “It’s one minute after the Big One. Marty Slack, a TV network executive, crawls out from under his Mercedes, parked outside what once was a downtown Los Angeles warehouse, the location for a new TV show.”
7. Twisted by K.A. Robinson: “Chloe and Drake have found their happily ever after… Almost. When Chloe’s mother comes back into her life with a bang, it sets off a chain of events no one could have ever expected.”
8. Lily’s Mistake by Pamela Ann: “Lily Alexander was always in love with Drake Tatum before she even knew what love meant. One fated night during one of their family vacations, Lily gave her virginity to Drake. After that magical night, Drake and Lily avoided each other successfully for eight years. Upon their parent’s meddling, the two suddenly had to face each other–working side by side.”
9. Death by Chocolate by Sally Berneathy: “Lindsay loves chocolate. It tastes good, it makes her feel good, it never cheats on her like her almost-ex-husband. It’s her best friend. But someone wants her dead and uses her weak spot—chocolate—to try to murder her.”
10. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover: “Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…That’s what Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of April 1, 2013
1. Tempting Fate Boxed Set by Lisa Mondello
2. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder
3. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed
4. Trouble and Chaos: The First Two Books of the Soulbearer Trilogy by Crista McHugh
5. Beautifully Broken by Bethany Bazile
6. So This Is Love by Barbara Freethy
7. The Mistress Mistake by Lynda Chance
8. Beautifully Revealed by Bethany Bazile
9. Sterling by Dannika Dark
10. Wanted by Kimberly Knight
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, April 1, 2013
1. Fate and Fury by Quinn Loftis
2. Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley
3. Raid by Kristen Ashley
4. Words Are Stupid by John Cheese
6. Satisfaction by K.M. Golland
7. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
8. Dominatus by DW Ulsterman
9. Alien Refuge by Tracy St. John
10. Connected by Kim Karr
Bestselling Self-Published Books at Apple for the Week of April 1, 2013
1. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder
2. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
3. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
4. The Preacher’s Son #2: Unleashed by Jasinda Wilder
5. Forever Black by Sandi Lynn
6. Death by Chocolate by Sally Berneathy
7. The Preacher’s Son #3: Unbroken by Jasinda Wilder
8. Breathe by Abbi Glines
9. Dangerous Flirtation by Liz Fielding
10. Fairest by Chanda Hahn
These four eBook lists were recorded on Monday, April 1, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our Apple list, we took the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
(Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'Alpha Billionaire' Leads Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Impulse' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Alpha Billionaire' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- Seven Year-Old Aims to Publish Anti-Gun Book