Novelist Amy Harmon led our Self Published Bestsellers List this week, taking spots at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Apple with her coming-of-age romance.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, B&N, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of May 28, 2013
1. Don’t Say A Word by Barbara Freethy: “Julie De Marco is planning a perfect San Francisco wedding when she comes face-to-face with a famous photograph, the startling inage of a little girl behind the iron gate of a foreign orphanage — a girl who looks exactly like her.”
2. A Different Blue by Amy Harmon: “Blue Echohawk doesn’t know who she is. She doesn’t know her real name or when she was born. Abandoned at two and raised by a drifter, she didn’t attend school until she was ten years old. At nineteen, when most kids her age are attending college or moving on with life, she is just a senior in high school.”
3. Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino: “Mia Kelly is a twenty-five-year-old walking Gap ad who thinks she has life figured out when her father’s sudden death uproots her from slow-paced Ann Arbor to New York City’s bustling East Village. There she discovers her father’s spirit for life and the legacy he left behind”
4. Relentless by Cassia Leo: “To Claire, Adam Parker is just another flirty customer at the cafe, until a chance encounter and seemingly innocent comment spurs a bet between them. The bet is simple: If Adam can get Claire to reveal the secret that made her drop out of college, she has to re-enroll.”
5. Pieces of You by Cassia Leo: “In Relentless, college student Claire Nixon and surfer Adam Parker each had a painful past too heavy to carry alone. Claire tried to push Adam away, but Adam’s relentless pursuit of her heart and her secrets made her walls come crumbling down.”
6. Beautiful Broken Rules by Kimberly Lauren: “One thing Emerson Moore has come to terms with is that she is the school slut. She knows her way around a frat house and how to get what she wants. She doesn’t make any excuses for her actions and she doesn’t pretend to be anything different. She is who she is and with that she knows how to have a good time.”
7. The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken: “‘I have a proposition for you…’ Kacey should have run the minute those words left Seattle millionaire Jake Titus’s mouth. Instead, she made a deal with the devil in hopes of putting her past behind her once and for all.”
8. Brothers and Bones by James Hankins: “Charlie Beckham is a rising star among federal prosecutors until, on the morning of the most important court day of his career, a deranged homeless man turns Charlie’s life upside with a single word. He calls Charlie by a secret nickname known by only one other person in the world–Charlie’s brother Jake, who went missing thirteen years ago.”
9. Playing Patience by Tabatha Vargo: “Life’s been hard for Zeke. Being a punching bag for his alcoholic father has turned him into stone. Not even the dodgy trailer park he lives in can scare him. Fighting is his release and sex, drugs, and his guitar bring him peace, but deep down Zeke isn’t quite as hard as he makes himself out to be.”
10. The Last Boyfriend by J. S. Cooper: “Lucky Morgan has had her share of heartbreak. She is devastated when her boyfriend dumps her after sleeping with him and she vows to herself that she won’t be used again. She decides that the next guy she dates and sleeps with, will be her one true love.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of May 28, 2013
1. Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan
2. Forged in Blood I by Lindsay Buroker
3. The Posterchildren: Origins by Kitty Burroughs
4. Bending: Dirty Kinky Stories About Pain, Power, Religion, Unicorns, & More by Greta Christina
5. When We Were Married by Daniel Quentin Steele
Bestselling Self-Published Books at Apple for the Week of May 28, 2013
1. Mine For Tonight / Mine For Now / Mine Forever / Mine Completely by J. S. Scott
2. Heart of the Billionaire by J. S. Scott
3. Lily’s Mistake by Pamela Ann
4. A Different Blue by Amy Harmon
5. Don’t Say a Word by Barbara Freethy
6. Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines
7. Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines
8. Collide by Juliana Stone
9. Hanging On by K.F. Breene
10. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
These four eBook lists were recorded on May 28, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our Apple list, we took the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
(Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'The Atlantis Gene' Leads Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'The Atlantis Gene' Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Samantha Towle Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Dan Blank's Advice for Writers: 'Connect With Readers One Person at a Time'