Novelist Georgia Cates led our Self Published Bestsellers List this week, taking five spots in different marketplaces with her adult contemporary novels.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, B&N, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of June 3, 2013
1. Beauty from Surrender by Georgia Cates: “How do you move on when he’s every song you sing? After Laurelyn Prescott walks away from the love of her life, she returns to Nashville to pursue the only dream she has left.”
2. A Different Blue by Amy Harmon: “Blue Echohawk doesn’t know who she is. She doesn’t know her real name or when she was born. Abandoned at two and raised by a drifter, she didn’t attend school until she was ten years old. At nineteen, when most kids her age are attending college or moving on with life, she is just a senior in high school.”
3. My Side by Tara Brown: “Erin Benson felt like she’d won the lottery when she arrived all the way from North Dakota with the keys to her first home in hand … But home is not always where the heart is. Sometimes it’s where you find Mr. Random shacked up and sprawled out on what was supposed to be your new bed.”
4. Don’t Say A Word by Barbara Freethy: “Julie De Marco is planning a perfect San Francisco wedding when she comes face-to-face with a famous photograph, the startling inage of a little girl behind the iron gate of a foreign orphanage — a girl who looks exactly like her.”
5. Forever You by Sandi Lynn: “Connor Black’s life consisted of his company and his use of multiple women. There was never going to be love, relationships or a fairy-tale life. Emotionally dead and damaged, that stemmed from a personal tragedy, Connor Black vowed never to love or fall in love with a woman, that was until Ellery Lane walked into his life by accident and changed him forever.”
6. Random Acts of Crazy by Julia Kent: “I never intended to pick up a naked hitchhiker wearing nothing but a guitar. A guitar … when you spot a blonde, tanned, sculpted man with a gorgeous smile and his thumb poking up and practically begging you to stop – you stop.”
7. Because of You by T.E. Sivec: “Brady Marshall has made a career of playing it safe. When he decides to do something rash and becomes a Navy SEAL, he thinks he’s finally escaped the rigid structure of the high society life his parents forced down his throat. All he does is trade in one set of rules for another.”
8. Beauty From Pain (Beauty Series #1) by Georgia Cates: ”Jack McLachlan is a winemaking magnate and easily one of Australia’s most eligible bachelors. His success and wealth makes him no stranger to the complications of romantic relationships and that’s why he goes to extreme measures to avoid the hassle.”
9. Brothers and Bones by James Hankins: “Charlie Beckham is a rising star among federal prosecutors until, on the morning of the most important court day of his career, a deranged homeless man turns Charlie’s life upside with a single word. He calls Charlie by a secret nickname known by only one other person in the world–Charlie’s brother Jake, who went missing thirteen years ago.”
10. Relentless by Cassia Leo: “To Claire, Adam Parker is just another flirty customer at the cafe, until a chance encounter and seemingly innocent comment spurs a bet between them. The bet is simple: If Adam can get Claire to reveal the secret that made her drop out of college, she has to re-enroll.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of June 3, 2013
1. Beauty from Surrender by Georgia Cates
2. Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan
3. Forged in Blood I by Lindsay Buroker
4. When We Were Married by Daniel Quentin Steele
5. Dangerous to Know & Love by Jane Harvey-Berrick
6. Bending: Dirty Kinky Stories About Pain, Power, Religion, Unicorns, & More by Greta Christina
7. Elysian by Addison Moore
8. On Her Master’s Secret Service, Masters and Mercenaries by Lexi Blake
9. A Fair Prospect: Desperate Measures by Cassandra Grafton
10. Tales of the Were: Grif by Bianca D’Arc
Bestselling Self-Published Books at Apple for the Week of June 3, 2013
1. Mine For Tonight / Mine For Now / Mine Forever / Mine Completely by J. S. Scott
2. Heart of the Billionaire by J. S. Scott
3. Because of You by Tara Sivec
4. Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines
5. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
6. One Stubborn Cowboy by Barbara McMahon
7. Meant for Her by Amy Gamet
8. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
9. Fairest by Chanda Hahn
10. Rise of the Billionaire by Ruth Cardello
These four eBook lists were recorded on June 3, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our Apple list, we took the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
(Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'Alpha Billionaire' Leads Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Impulse' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Alpha Billionaire' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- Seven Year-Old Aims to Publish Anti-Gun Book