Science fiction novelist Hugh Howey topped our Self Published Bestsellers List this week with two collections from his Wool series rising on Amazon.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, B&N, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of May 20, 2013
1. Wool Omnibus Edition by Hugh Howey: “This is the story of mankind clawing for survival, of mankind on the edge. The world outside has grown unkind, the view of it limited, talk of it forbidden. But there are always those who hope, who dream.”
2. Don’t Say A Word by Barbara Freethy: Julie De Marco is planning a perfect San Francisco wedding when she comes face-to-face with a famous photograph, the startling inage of a little girl behind the iron gate of a foreign orphanage — a girl who looks exactly like her.”
3. Our Husband by Stephanie Bond: “Three women from different walks of life–a doctor, a socialite, and a stripper–find out they have one thing in common: a husband! When the magnanimous hubby winds up dead, the unlikely trio band together to track down a killer”
4. Shift Omnibus Edition by Hugh Howey: “In 2007, the Center for Automation in Nanobiotech (CAN) outlined the hardware and software platform that would one day allow robots smaller than human cells to make medical diagnoses, conduct repairs, and even self-propagate.”
5. The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken: “‘I have a proposition for you…’ Kacey should have run the minute those words left Seattle millionaire Jake Titus’s mouth. Instead, she made a deal with the devil in hopes of putting her past behind her once and for all.”
6. Playing Patience by Tabatha Vargo: “Life’s been hard for Zeke. Being a punching bag for his alcoholic father has turned him into stone. Not even the dodgy trailer park he lives in can scare him. Fighting is his release and sex, drugs, and his guitar bring him peace, but deep down Zeke isn’t quite as hard as he makes himself out to be.
7. The Last Boyfriend by J. S. Cooper: “Lucky Morgan has had her share of heartbreak. She is devastated when her boyfriend dumps her after sleeping with him and she vows to herself that she won’t be used again. She decides that the next guy she dates and sleeps with, will be her one true love.”
8. Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan: “Danielle “Danny” West is the daughter of Deuce West, President of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club. A sweet and beautiful girl, she loses her way, searching for things that are always out of her reach. Erik “Ripper” Jacobs is the Sergeant of Arms in the Hell’s Horsemen.”
9. Beautiful Broken Rules by Kimberly Lauren: “One thing Emerson Moore has come to terms with is that she is the school slut. She knows her way around a frat house and how to get what she wants. She doesn’t make any excuses for her actions and she doesn’t pretend to be anything different.”
10. Rock With Me by Kristen Proby: “Front Man Leo Nash from the world-famous rock band, Nash, is the last person on earth Samantha Williams would trust. She’s already learned about loving a celebrity the hard way and isn’t signing up for another lesson.”
2. Don’t Say a Word by Barbara Freethy
3. Truly Madly Deeply Carly Phillips by Carly Phillips
4. Wait For Me by Samantha Chase
5. Guaranteed Justice by M A Comley
6. Rise of the Billionaire by Ruth Cardello
7. The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken
8. Unbroken by Melody Grace
9. Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase
10. Trying Not To Love You by Megan Smith
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of May 20, 2013
1. Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan
2. Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines
3. Bending: Dirty Kinky Stories About Pain, Power, Religion, Unicorns, & More by Greta Christina
4. Forged in Blood I by Lindsay Buroker
5. The Posterchildren: Origins by Kitty Burroughs
6. The Apple Store by Seinfeld 2000
7. A Chain of Mothers 2 by Esmeralda Greene
8. Satisfaction by K.M. Golland
9. When We Were Married by Daniel Quentin Steele
10. Saving Dallas by Kim Jones
Bestselling Self-Published Books at Apple for the Week of May 20, 2013
1. Rise of the Billionaire by Ruth Cardello
2. Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines
3. Truly Madly Deeply by Carly Phillips
4. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
5. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
6. Heart of the Billionaire by J. S. Scott
7. Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines
8. Surrender by Melody Anne
9. Guaranteed Justice by M A Comley
10. Destined by Brenda K. Davies
These four eBook lists were recorded on Monday, May 20, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our Apple list, we took the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
(Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'Sweet Addiction' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Where I Belong' Holds No. 1 Spot on Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Where I Belong' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Pulse Part 4' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List