To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, B&N, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 29, 2013
1. Pulse by Gail McHugh: “How do you keep existing when your heart is so splintered, so completely torn to shreds, your pulse is fading? You’re…broken. How do you move forward when every breath is nothing more than a constant ache?”
2. Always On My Mind: The Sullivans by Bella Andre: “After a tragic loss three years ago, Grayson Tyler left his life in New York City behind and started over in the rolling hills of the California coast. He’s convinced himself that all he’ll ever need again is the blue sky, a thousand acres of pasture, and the crashing waves of the ocean.”
3. Breathless by Eve Carter: “Bad boy professional Motocross rider, Jesse Morrison, knows how to leave an impression. Except lately, it has mostly been bad impressions. Frustrated and wounded, he surrounds himself with women, booze and drugs.”
4. Fear of Falling by S.L. Jennings: “I can’t remember the last time I felt completely safe. Security seemed more like a luxury to me, reserved for those who were fortunate enough to have picture perfect childhoods.”
5. Collide by Gail McHugh: “On the heels of graduating college and trying to cope with her mother’s death, Emily Cooper moves to New York City for a fresh start. While harboring secrets of his own, Dillon Parker takes care of Emily through her grief.”
6. Him by Carey Heywood: “Sarah Miller hasn’t been home in seven years. She thought she could stay away forever. If it wasn’t for her big brother’s wedding, that is. Part of her even feels silly for staying away this long. It’s not like anyone even knew what happened. Well, except for him.”
7. Final Argument by Clifford Irving: “The startling novel of a district attorney who, twelve years after sending a convicted murderer to Death Row, returns to the same courtroom to try to save that same man’s life.”
8. The Billionaire’s Obsession by J.S. Scott: “Needing nothing less than a miracle to save her, Kara gets rescue from an unknown, unlikely and overwhelming source. Billionaire Simon Hudson makes her an offer that is impossible to refuse, but terrifying to accept from a man that she’s never met.”
9. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed: “Meeting Jett was like lightning. Dangerous. Better left untouched. And better forgotten. But lightning always strikes twice.”
10. Conquer Your Love by J. C. Reed: “Brooke Stewart, a realtor in New York, finds forgetting is hard, but forgiving is harder. When the man she trusted, betrayed her, the only way to forget is to move on. Brooke is determined to start a new life, until she meets him again: the green-eyed, sexy as sin, six foot two sex god.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 29, 2013
1. Sloane Monroe Series Boxed Set by Cheryl Bradshaw
2. Final Argument by Clifford Irving
3. Always On My Mind by Bella Andre
4. Time for Love by Marie Force
5. Falling For A Stranger by Barbara Freethy
6. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed
7. Conquer Your Love by J.C. Reed
8. For His Pleasure by Kelly Favor
9. Dangerous Desires by C J Lyons
10. Fear of Falling by Syreeta Jennings
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 29, 2013
1. Chasing Paradise by Pamela Ann
2. Fulfillment by K.M. Golland
3. Axel by Harper Sloan
4. Forged in Blood II by Lindsay Buroker
5. Sister Katherine by Tracy St. John
6. Blasphemous by Pamela Ann
7. Come Alive by Karina Halle
8. Scorned by Pamela Ann
9. The Complete Nicole Draylock Collection by Nicole Draylock
10. Indelible Lovin’ – Max & Jane’s Story Vol. 2 by DW Cee
Bestselling Self-Published Books at Apple for the Week of July 29, 2013
1. Submit by Melody Anne
2. Sloane Monroe Series Boxed Set by Cheryl Bradshaw
3. Always On My Mind by Bella Andre
4. Heller’s Revenge by JD Nixon
5. Second Hearts by GJ Walker-Smith
6. Mine for Tonight by J.S. Scott
7. Heller’s Girlfriend by JD Nixon
8. Heller’s Punishment by JD Nixon
9. Time for Love by Marie Force
10. Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines
These eBook lists were recorded on July 29, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our Apple list, we take the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
- 'LOL Romantic Comedy Anthology' Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Vain - Part Two' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'The Proposition 5: The Ferro Family' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- Simon & Schuster Acquires Self-Published YA Novel