Contemporary romance author Kristen Proby topped our Self-Published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 30, 2013
1. Safe With Me by Kristen Proby: “Keeping others safe is what Caleb Montgomery does. He’s never had a problem taking on an assignment, whether it was during his dangerous SEAL days or his most recent job of training war mercenaries.”
2. Out Of Line by Jen McLaughlin: “I’ve spent my entire life under my father’s thumb, but now I’m finally free to make my own choices. When my roommate dragged me to my first college party, I met Finn Coram and my life turned inside out.”
3. Karma by Nikki Sex: “Marcy Paget worked full-time putting her husband through University. When he finally became a success, he dumped her for a trophy wife more than ten years younger, leaving Marcy to raise their four year old daughter on her own.”
4. Unattainable by Madeline Sheehan: “A plain little girl, Tegen falls into the gritty world of the motorcycle club. When she meets a sweet, caring boy, she embraces the warmth and affection he shows her.”
5. Who We Are by S. Q. Williams: ”Eight months. That’s how long it’s been since Eliza last saw Gage and they both feel as if they don’t deserve one another’s forgiveness. He screwed up. She walked away without looking back.”
6. Saving Dallas Making the Cut by Kim Jones: “She went searching for a one night stand and ended up falling in love with Luke Carmical, President of the Devil’s Renegades Motorcycle Club.”
7. A Grant of Arms by Morgan Rice: “Thor is caught between titanic forces of good and evil, as Andronicus and Rafi use all of their dark sorcery to attempt to crush Thor’s identity and take control of his very soul.”
8. Curveball by V.K. Sykes: “Taylor Page has never wanted anything but a career in major league baseball. Through talent and guts, she’s finally landed a position as Assistant General Manager of the Philadelphia Patriots.”
9. Cage by Harper Sloan: “Greg Cage was born to protect. While growing up, he was his mother and sister’s shield against the world… until he failed. For the last decade, he has carried that guilt and need for vengeance around… until it was stripped from him.”
10. The Billionaire’s Obsession by J.S. Scott: “Once a serial trilogy, The Billionaire’s Obsession is now complete with a bonus story in this complete collection about Simon and Kara.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 30, 2013
1. Curveball by V.K. Sykes
2. Louisiana Longshot by Jana DeLeon
3. Out Of Line by Jen McLaughlin
4. Safe With Me by Kristen Proby
5. Tidewater by Antoinette Stockenberg
6. I Have a Secret by Cheryl Bradshaw
7. Nice Girl to Love by Violet Duke
8. Kissing Under The Mistletoe by Bella Andre
9. Tease Me by Melissa Schroeder
10. Her Billionaires by Julia Kent
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of September 30, 2013
1. Unattainable by Madeline Sheehan
2. Saving Dallas Making the Cut by Kim Jones
3. Racing the Clock by Vincent Berg
4. Falling For My Husband by Pamela Ann
6. Taken by Jordan Silver
7. If Forever Comes by A. L. Jackson
8. Natural Consequences by Elliott Kay
9. Cage by Harper Sloan
10. The Great Convergence by Joseph Lallo
These eBook lists were recorded on September 30, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
- Self-Publishing vs. Traditional Publishing: INFOGRAPHIC
- 'Alpha Billionaire' Leads Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Impulse' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Alpha Billionaire' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List