Natasha Anders continues to rise up our Self-Published Bestsellers List this week with The Unwanted Wife.
Editor’s Note: An earlier version of this post included a Kindle Single, but Carina Press executive editor Angela James and Publishers Marketplace news editor Sarah Weinman both pointed out that Kindle Singles are edited and published by Amazon. We will not include these titles on our list in the future.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we have compiled lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
We update these lists every week, tracking how writers perform inside these booming marketplaces. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book. If you are an author, check out our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post and our How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, November 26, 2012
1. Stop the Wedding! by Stephanie Bond: “a man and a woman determined to stop their parents from marrying fall in love themselves.”
2. The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders: “All Alessandro de Lucci wants from his wife is a son but after a year and a half of unhappiness and disillusionment, all Theresa de Lucci wants from her ice cold husband is a divorce.”
4. All In by Raine Miller: “Ethan Blackstone has problems. He’s broken the trust of the woman he loves and she’s left him because of it. Ethan isn’t giving up though–he’s determined to get his beautiful American girl back. Their passion together was explosive, but their secrets are even darker and more frightening.”
5. The Proposition by Katie Ashley: “With her thirtieth birthday looming, Emma Harrison finds her biological clock clanging and the elusive knight in shining armor yet to appear. She’s running out of options, especially after her gay best friend backs out from being her sperm donor.”
6. The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski: “With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets.”
7. Naked by Raine Miller: “An American art student at the University of London and part-time photographic model, Brynne Bennett’s putting her life back on track with school and lots of hard work. When ultra successful London businessman, Ethan Blackstone, buys her nude portrait, he isn’t taking ‘no’ for an answer.”
8. The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen: “Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.”
9. Come Away With Me (With Me In Seattle) by Kristen Proby: “Being confronted on the beach by a sexy stranger wasn’t part of Natalie Conner’s plans for a peaceful morning taking photos. And why on earth would he think she’s taking pictures of him, anyway? Who is he? One thing’s for sure, he’s hot, and incredibly romantic, feeding Natalie’s wounded soul.”
10. Fade into You by Kate Dawes: “Olivia Rowland leaves her Midwestern life behind after graduating from college and heads off to Los Angeles to work for a Hollywood talent agent. Life in L.A. is a culture shock, but nothing compared to the jolt she gets when Max enters her life.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published eBook Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, November 26, 2012
1. His Every Word by Kelly Favor
2. The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen
3. All In by Raine Miller
4. Beloved by Antoinette Stockenberg
5. LOSING IT by Cora Carmack
6. Tidewater by Antoinette Stockenberg
7. Wilde For Him by Janelle Denison
8. Keepsake by Antoinette Stockenberg
9. For His Pleasure by Kelly Favor
10. Malice In Wonderland by H.P. Mallory
Smashwords eBook Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, November 26, 2012
1. man and the oracle by Felis Yemi
2. Spinward Fringe Broadcast 7: Framework by Randolph Lalonde
3. With Everything I Am by Kristen Ashley
4. Something in the Wine by Jae
5. Space Eldritch by Nathan Shumate
6. Into the Hollow by Karina Halle
7. Kiss of Love by Jillian Holmes
8. Stones’ Quest: The Battles Begin by LaRene Ellis
9. Something Like Winter by Jay Bell
10. Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
These three eBook lists were recorded on Monday, November 26, 2012.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns. Our list will not include writers attempting to game the system by using the names of famous authors. (Image via Horia Varlan)
- 5 Book Publishing Paths Infographic
- Hugh Howey Leads Self-Published Bestsellers List
- What Upstream Color & Walden Can Teach Us About Self-Publishing
- Bestselling Indie Author: 'DO NOT READ YOUR REVIEWS'