Novelist M. Leighton topped our Self-Published Bestsellers List this week, leading two different marketplaces with Down to You.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we have compiled lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
We update these lists every week, tracking how writers perform inside these booming marketplaces. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book. If you are an author, check out our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post and our How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, October 1, 2012
(Last week’s rank in parentheses)
1. On Dublin Street by Samantha Young: “Burying the grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without any real attachments has worked well for her so far but when Joss moves into a fantastic apartment on Dublin Street, her carefully guarded world is shaken to its core by her new roommate’s sexy older brother.” (1)
2. Down to You by M. Leighton: “Olivia Townsend is nothing special. She’s just a girl working her way through college so she can return home to help her father run his business. She’s determined not to be the second woman in his life to abandon him.”
3. Naked by Raine Miller: “An American art student at the University of London and part-time photographic model, Brynne Bennett’s putting her life back on track with school and lots of hard work. When ultra successful London businessman, Ethan Blackstone, buys her nude portrait, he isn’t taking ‘no’ for an answer.” (4)
4. Better Off Without Him by Dee Ernst: “Mona Berman is a best-selling Romance writer and happy endings are what she does best. So when her husband of twenty years leaves her for somebody 15 years younger, 20 pounds lighter, and French, she’s got a lot of adjusting to do.” (3)
5. Blindfold Innocence by Alessandra Torre: “Brad De Luca is incorrigible. The premier divorce attorney in town, he is a forty-year old walking hunk of sex, bedding half the town, including his own clients. Brad is used to getting whatever, and whomever, he wants.”
6. Our Husband by Stephanie Bond: “Three women from different walks of life–a doctor, a socialite, and a stripper–find out they have one thing in common: a husband!” (1)
7. The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle: “It’s been twelve years since Tru Bennett last saw Jake Wethers, her former best friend and boy she once loved. Jake Wethers, sexy, tattooed and deliciously bad lead singer, and brains behind The Mighty Storm, one of biggest bands in the world, left Tru with a broken heart.” (6)
8. White Trash Beautiful by Teresa Mummert: “Cass lives a depressing life in a small trailer park in Eddington, Ga with her mother and abusive boyfriend Jackson. She works hard to barely make ends meet. One day Tucker White, the lead singer in the band Damaged, walks into her diner.”
9. Beyond the Veil by Quinn Loftis: “Though the Serbian pack has been brought to heel thanks to the downfall of their Alpha, the war is far from over. Desdemona, a witch of unfathomable power, has escaped the wolves’ wrath, but she will not go quietly into the night.”
10. License to Thrill by Stephanie Bond: “He wasn’t the man she wanted to trust…but when the stakes turn deadly, it’s nice to have a hard body between her and trouble!”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published eBook Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, October 1, 2012
1. Down to You by M. Leighton
2. When Wishes Collide by Barbara Freethy
3. Time After Time by Antoinette Stockenberg
4. White Trash Beautiful by Teresa Mummert
5. Three River Ranch by Roxanne Snopek
6. Taking Chances by Molly McAdams
7. Cries of the Children by Clare McNally
8. Safe Harbor by Antoinette Stockenberg
9. Mind Tricks by Adrianne Wood
10. No Flowers Required by Cari Quinn
Smashwords eBook Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, October 1, 2012
1. The Judas Alliance: Aegis Arises by Elizabeth Ann Gardner
2. Blood and Betrayal by Lindsay Buroker
3. Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
4. The Source by Melissa Darnell
5. In Our Midst by Martha Johnson
6. Out Of The Dark by Quinn Loftis
7. Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley
8. Kids That Saved The Kingdom by Jade De Kelaita
9. The Devil’s Metal by Karina Halle
10. Blade Song by J.C. Daniels
These three eBook lists were recorded on Monday, October 1, 2012.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns. Our list will not include writers attempting to game the system by using the names of famous authors. (Image via Horia Varlan)
- 5 Book Publishing Paths Infographic
- Hugh Howey Leads Self-Published Bestsellers List
- What Upstream Color & Walden Can Teach Us About Self-Publishing
- Bestselling Indie Author: 'DO NOT READ YOUR REVIEWS'