Novelist Marie Force has returned to our Self-Published Bestsellers List, rising within the Barnes & Noble and Amazon marketplaces.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you are an author, check out our new online course–finish your book with the help of bestselling independent authors.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Tuesday, February 19, 2013
1. Wait For Me by Elisabeth Naughton: “After a tragic accident left her with no memory, Kate Alexander struggled to fit in with a husband and world that didn’t feel right.”
2. If You Stay by Courtney Cole: “He’s a tattooed, rock-hard bad-boy with a bad attitude to match. But he’s got his reasons. His mother died when Pax was seven, leaving a hole in his heart filled with guilt although he doesn’t understand why.”
3. Hard to Resist by Shanora Williams: “Natalie Carmichael thought that Bryson Daniels would be her world. She planned a bright future with him, cherished four years with him, and couldn’t have been any happier, but during graduation night, all of that changes.”
4. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover: “Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies. That’s what Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before.”
5. Tall, Dark, and Deadly box set by Lisa Renee Jones: “Tall, dark, and deadly, these three brothers run Walker security. Each brother is unique in his methods and skills, but all share key similarities. They are passionate about those they love, relentless when fighting for a cause they believe in, and all believe that no case is too hard, no danger too dark.”
6. Grounded by R.K. Lilley: “After a short but earnest courtship, Bianca can no longer deny her feelings for James, and though she’s tried her hardest, she can’t help but see that he cares deeply for her, as well. In a completely uncharacteristic move, she has put aside her misgivings and agreed to live with the enigmatic billionaire.”
7. Beauty from Pain by Georgia Cates: “Jack McLachlan is a winemaking magnate and easily one of Australia’s most eligible bachelors. His success and wealth makes him no stranger to the complications of romantic relationships and that’s why he goes to extreme measures to avoid the hassle.”
8. Waiting for Love by Marie Force: “Adam McCarthy has had a really bad week. In addition to nearly losing his three brothers in a tragic boating accident, his now ex-girlfriend has double-crossed him right out of the successful computer company he founded in New York City.”
9. Collide by Gail McHugh: “On the heels of graduating college and trying to cope with her mother’s death, Emily Cooper moves to New York City for a fresh start.”
10. The Good Lawyer by Thomas Benigno: “A young, ambitious lawyer is eager to prove he is better than the father who abandoned him and worthy of the devoted mother who raised him beyond the siren call of the mobster dominated family he grew up in.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Tuesday, February 19, 2013
1. Waiting for Love by Marie Force
2. Wait For Me by Elisabeth Naughton
3. Hard to Resist by Shanora Williams
4. Lost to You by A.L. Jackson
5. Dream a Little Dream by Antoinette Stockenberg
6. If You Stay by Courtney Cole
7. Bombay Assassins Greatest Hits Box Set by Leslie Langtry
8. Forever Black by Sandi Lynn
9. Tall, Dark, and Deadly by Lisa Renee Jones
10. The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Tuesday, February 19, 2013
1. Spots the Space Marine: Defense of the Fiddler by M.C.A. Hogarth
2. Sins & Needles by Karina Halle
3. Winter’s Tale by Emma Holly
4. Their Virgin Princess by Shayla Black Lexi Blake
5. Jocomo by Timothy Cohorst
6. Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
7. And With Madness Comes the Light by Karina Halle
8. Grappling with Survival by Vincent Berg
9. The Education of Caroline by Jane Harvey-Berrick
10. Let Me Love You by Morgan Rayne
Featured Self-Published Books at Apple for Tuesday, February 19, 2013
1. Paperless by David Sparks
2. UnEnchanted by Chanda Hahn
3. Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis
4. Daisy’s War by Shayne Parkinson
5. Breathe by Abbi Glines
These four eBook lists were recorded on Tuesday, February 19, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our new Apple list, we took the first five featured self-published titles in the Breakout Books section of the iBookstore.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
(Image via Horia Varlan)
- Samantha Towle Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Dan Blank's Advice for Writers: 'Connect With Readers One Person at a Time'
- Melody Anne's Advice For Self-Published Authors: 'Hire an Editor You Can Trust'
- 'Trouble' Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week