Novelist Rachel Van Dyken led our Self-Published Bestsellers List this week, taking the No. 1 spot at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, B&N, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you are an author, check out our new online course–finish your book with the help of bestselling independent authors.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, April 15, 2013
1. The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken: “‘I have a proposition for you…’ Kacey should have run the minute those words left Seattle millionaire Jake Titus’s mouth. Instead, she made a deal with the devil in hopes of putting her past behind her once and for all.”
2. Real by Katy Evans: “Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life. He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life.”
3. Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy: “Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser. And I lost the only girl who ever mattered because I was afraid being with me would destroy her.”
4. One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy: “Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I’m working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I’m my little brother’s temporary mother since our mom doesn’t give a crap about either of us.”
5. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder: “I wasn’t always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way. Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.”
6. The Love Game by Emma Hart: “His challenge? Make her fall in love with him. Her challenge? Play the player. Until life changes the rules of the game.”
7. Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley: “For Abby Renard, the plan was supposed to be simple—join her brothers’ band on the last leg of their summer tour and decide if she’s finally ready for the limelight by becoming its fourth member.”
8. If You Stay by Courtney Cole: “He’s a tattooed, rock-hard bad-boy with a bad attitude to match. But he’s got his reasons. His mother died when Pax was seven, leaving a hole in his heart filled with guilt although he doesn’t understand why.”
9. Going Under by S. Walden: “Brooke Wright has only two goals her senior year at Charity Run High School: stay out of trouble and learn to forgive herself for the past. Forgiveness proves elusive, and trouble finds her anyway”
10. Promise Me Darkness by Paige Weaver: “For me, life was simple. I went to school and studied. I spent time with my friends and stayed out of trouble. I didn’t drink or swear and I only dated gentlemen. I was the typical good girl with a bright future. My world seemed perfect. But that was about to change.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of April 15, 2013
1. The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken
2. Real by Katy Evans
3. Locked by Maya Cross
4. Foul Justice by M A Comley
5. Bound In Death by Cynthia Eden
6. Rock Solid by Adriana Hunter
7. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder
8. Breaking Her Rules by Katie Reus
9. Cruel Justice by M A Comley
10. If You Stay by Courtney Cole
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, April 15, 2013
1. Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley
2. Fate and Fury by Quinn Loftis
3. Real by Katy Evans
4. Saved by Kelly Elliott
5. Raid by Kristen Ashley
6. Dominatus by DW Ulsterman
7. Digital Divide by K.B. Spangler
8. Satisfaction by K.M. Golland
9. Connected by Kim Karr
10. Backwards to Oregon by Jae
Bestselling Self-Published Books at Apple for the Week of April 15, 2013
1. The Love Game by Emma Hart
2. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
3. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
4. Predestined by Abbi Glines
5. Ceaseless by Abbi Glines
6. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder
7. Destined by Brenda K. Davies
8. Fate and Fury by Quinn Loftis
9. The Preacher’s Son #2: Unleashed by Jasinda Wilder
10. Foul Justice by M A Comley
These four eBook lists were recorded on Monday, April 15, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our Apple list, we took the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
(Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'Vain - Part Two' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'The Proposition 5: The Ferro Family' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- Simon & Schuster Acquires Self-Published YA Novel
- 'Sweet Addiction' Stays on Top of the Self-Published Bestsellers List