Samantha Young took the top spot on our Self-Published Bestseller List today with her adult romance, On Dublin Street.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we have compiled lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
We update these lists every week, tracking how writers perform inside these booming marketplaces. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book. If you are an author, check out our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post and our How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, September 17, 2012
(Last week’s rank in parentheses)
1. On Dublin Street by Samantha Young: “Burying the grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without any real attachments has worked well for her so far but when Joss moves into a fantastic apartment on Dublin Street, her carefully guarded world is shaken to its core by her new roommate’s sexy older brother.” (2)
2. Our Husband by Stephanie Bond : “Three women from different walks of life–a doctor, a socialite, and a stripper–find out they have one thing in common: a husband!” (1)
3. Better Off Without Him by Dee Ernst: “Mona Berman is a best-selling Romance writer and happy endings are what she does best. So when her husband of twenty years leaves her for somebody 15 years younger, 20 pounds lighter, and French, she’s got a lot of adjusting to do.” (3)
4. Taking Chances by Molly McAdams: “Eighteen year old Harper has grown up under her career Marine of a father’s thumb. Ready to live life her own way and experience things she’s only ever heard of from the jarheads in her father’s unit; she’s on her way to college at San Diego State University. ” (6)
5. Silent Run by Barbara Freethy: “A woman wakes in a hospital bed with no idea of who she is. Her memory is gone, her baby missing. All she has is the gripping certainty that she is in mortal danger. Then a handsome, angry stranger barges in and makes a terrible accusation.” (-)
6. The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle: “It’s been twelve years since Tru Bennett last saw Jake Wethers, her former best friend and boy she once loved. Jake Wethers, sexy, tattooed and deliciously bad lead singer, and brains behind The Mighty Storm, one of biggest bands in the world, left Tru with a broken heart.” (8)
7. Silent Fall by Barbara Freethy: “Dylan Sanders is attending a wedding in the mountains when his trip takes a terrible turn. A former lover appears out of nowhere, demands a private conversation, and lures him into the woods, then leaves him there, drugged and disoriented.” (-)
Barnes & Noble Self-Published eBook Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, September 17, 2012
1. His Every Touch by Kelly Favor
2. Taking Chances by Molly McAdams
3. Safe Harbor by Antoinette Stockenberg
4. Embers by Antoinette Stockenberg
5. His Every Desire by Kelly Favor
6. Let Me Be The One by Bella Andre
7. Easy by Tammara Webber
8. Weekends Required by Sydney Landon
9. Sand Castles by Antoinette Stockenberg
10. Sarah’s Surrender by Lynda Chance
Smashwords eBook Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, September 17, 2012
1. The Alien Artifact 2 by V Bertolaccini
2. The Witches’ Own by Evelyn Klebert
5. Bound to Love by Tanika L. Smith
6. Chasing Dragonflies by Michele Naughton
7. The Poring Dark by Dennis M Lane
8. The Judas Alliance: Aegis Arises by Elizabeth Ann Gardner
9. Farsi 2.0 by MK Alexander
10. The Desert Siren by Kim Antieau
These three eBook lists were recorded on Monday, September 17, 2012.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns. Our list will not include writers attempting to game the system by using the names of famous authors. (Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'The Fixed Trilogy' Leads theSelf-Published Bestsellers List, Again
- 'The Fixed Trilogy' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- The Proposition 3 Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- Laurelin Paige's Trilogy Leads Self-Published Bestsellers List