A mysterious writer named Seinfeld 2000 has steadily climbed our Self-Published Bestsellers List these past few weeks with a Smashwords eBook that picks up where the Seinfeld show ended–The Apple Store.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, B&N, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of May 6, 2013
1. The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken: “‘I have a proposition for you…’ Kacey should have run the minute those words left Seattle millionaire Jake Titus’s mouth. Instead, she made a deal with the devil in hopes of putting her past behind her once and for all.”
2. Real by Katy Evans: “Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life. He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life.”
3. Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase: “Samantha Rousseau is used to getting her hands dirty. Working toward a master’s degree in wildlife biology while helping take care of her sick father, she has no time for celebrity gossip, designer clothes, or lazy vacations. So when a duchess from the small country of Lilaria invites her to dinner, Samantha assumes it’s to discuss a donation for the program. The truth will change the course of her life in ways she never dreamed.”
4. Dead Heat by Kathleen Brooks: “In the third book of the Bluegrass Series, Paige Davies finds her world turned upside down as she becomes involved in her best friends’ nightmare. The strong-willed Paige doesn’t know which is worse: someone trying to kill her, or losing her dog to the man she loves to hate.”
5. Twisted Perfection by Abbie Glines: “Life outside of her house was a new experience for Della Sloane. The dark secrets of her past weren’t something she ever intended to share with anyone. They would never understand. No one would ever get close enough to find out.”
6. Don’t Say A Word by Barbara Freethy: Julie De Marco is planning a perfect San Francisco wedding when she comes face-to-face with a famous photograph, the startling inage of a little girl behind the iron gate of a foreign orphanage — a girl who looks exactly like her.”
7. Promise Me Darkness by Paige Weaver: “For me, life was simple. I went to school and studied. I spent time with my friends and stayed out of trouble. I didn’t drink or swear and I only dated gentlemen. I was the typical good girl with a bright future. My world seemed perfect. But that was about to change.”
8. Knight and Stay by Kitty French: “Lucien and Sophie’s erotic journey began in Knight & Play. Find out how it ends in Knight & Stay, the breathtaking conclusion to their story. Sophie Black has turned her back on both her cheating husband and her sexy, enigmatic boss Lucien Knight.”
9. Rock With Me by Kristen Proby: “Front Man Leo Nash from the world-famous rock band, Nash, is the last person on earth Samantha Williams would trust. She’s already learned about loving a celebrity the hard way and isn’t signing up for another lesson.”
10. Restore Me by J.L. Mac: “Navigating the world alone is all Josephine Geroux has ever known. Life altering tragedy struck early on for her. She endured an admirable struggle through her youth and learned the hard way how to adapt and survive. She managed to arrive at adulthood in one piece in spite of it all.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of May 6, 2013
1. Surrender by Melody Anne
2. Sinnerman by Cheryl Bradshaw
3. Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines
4. Don’t Say a Word by Barbara Freethy
5. Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase
6. Taming Mad Max by Theresa Ragan
7. The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken
8. Real by Katy Evans
9. Drop By Drop by Keith Raffel
10. Resisting Her by Kendall Ryan
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of May 6, 2013
1. Real by Katy Evans
2. The Apple Store by Seinfeld 2000
3. Backwards to Oregon by Jae
4. Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines
5. Off to Be the Wizard by Scott Meyer
6. Bending: Dirty Kinky Stories About Pain, Power, Religion, Unicorns, & More by Greta Christina
7. Raid by Kristen Ashley
8. Satisfaction by K.M. Golland
9. Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy
10. I’ll Be Your Drill, Soldier! by Crystal Rose
Bestselling Self-Published Books at Apple for the Week of May 6, 2013
1. Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines
2. The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken
3. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
4. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
5. Real by Katy Evans
6. Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy
7. One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy
8. Destined by Brenda K. Davies
9. A Beautiful Forever by Lilliana Anderson
10. Coming Home by by Theresa Marguerite Hewitt
These four eBook lists were recorded on Monday, May 6, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our Apple list, we took the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
(Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'The Atlantis Gene' Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Samantha Towle Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Dan Blank's Advice for Writers: 'Connect With Readers One Person at a Time'
- Melody Anne's Advice For Self-Published Authors: 'Hire an Editor You Can Trust'