Following a 99-cent Kindle Gold Box Daily Deal sale, thriller novelist CJ Lyons swept five spots on our self-published bestseller list.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we have compiled lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
We will update these lists every week, tracking how writers perform inside these booming marketplaces. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book. If you are an author, check out our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post and our How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for Week of July 2, 2012
(Last week’s rank in parentheses)
1. Nerves of Steel by CJ Lyons: “Dr. Cassandra Hart is fighting a war. And losing. A deadly drug epidemic, a killer stalking her hospital…meet the ER doctor who never gives up.” (-)
2. Sleight of Hand by CJ Lyons: “When Cassandra Hart fears that a young boy is being abused by his ‘perfect’ mother, her friends and colleagues worry that she’s returned to work too soon, imagining dangers that don’t exist.” (-)
3. Face to Face by CJ Lyons: “In the second book, SLEIGHT OF HAND, you saw Hart and Drake risk everything to save a child and you knew they were meant to be together. Now, see what happens when they lose it all…” (-)
4. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire: “Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.” (1)
5. Chasing Shadows by CJ Lyons: “Going undercover, playing the part of a disgraced former Marine, is easy for Chase Westin–until a Christmas Eve mission takes him back to his hometown and face to face with his estranged brother.” (-)
6. Lost in Shadows by CJ Lyons: “A West Virginia mountain, the middle of a blizzard, killers on his trail…no place for a city boy like Lucky Cavanaugh, an ATF explosives specialist. Out-manned, out-gunned and shot, he takes Forest Service Wildlife Biologist Vinnie Ryan hostage until he convinces her that he’s one of the good guys. (-)
7. Slammed by Colleen Hoover: “Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she’s losing hope.” (6)
8. Anything He Wants by Sara Fawkes: “Lucy Delacourt’s temp position isn’t quite her dream job but it pays the bills…barely. The highlight of her day is riding the elevator in the mornings: she always manages to time it so that she sees the handsome stranger every day.” (-)
9. Weekends Required by Sydney Landon: “Claire Walters has worked for Jason Danvers as his assistant at Danvers International for three years, and he has never thought of her as a woman until the day she jumps out of a cake at his friend’s bachelor party.” (4)
10. Easy by Tammara Webber: “A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?” (2)
Barnes & Noble Self-Published eBook Bestsellers for Week of July 2, 2012
1. Sand Castles by Antoinette Stockenberg
2. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
3. A Month at the Shore by Antoinette Stockenberg
4. My Big Old Texas Heartache by Geralyn Dawson
5. Married by Monday by Catherine Bybee
6. Unbreakable Bond by Gemma Halliday
7. For His Pleasure by Kelly Favor
8. A Charmed Place by Antoinette Stockenberg
9. For His Taking by Kelly Favor
10. Summer Secrets by Barbara Freethy
Smashwords eBook Bestsellers for Week of July 2, 2012
1. Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
2. The Last Shaman by William Whitecloud
3. Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley
4. Lucky Stars by Kristen Ashley
5. The Fifth Man by Randy Ingermanson
6. Old Blood by Karina Halle
7. Fairest by Chanda Hahn
8. Tributary by Lisa Bergren
9. The Great Convergence by Joseph Lallo
10. Fires of Prophecy: The Morcyth Saga Book Two by Brian S. Pratt
These three eBook lists were recorded on Monday, July 2, 2012.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns. Our list will not include writers attempting to game the system by using the names of famous authors. (Image via Horia Varlan)
- 5 Book Publishing Paths Infographic
- Hugh Howey Leads Self-Published Bestsellers List
- What Upstream Color & Walden Can Teach Us About Self-Publishing
- Bestselling Indie Author: 'DO NOT READ YOUR REVIEWS'