Novelist Stephanie Bond took the No. 1 and No. 10 spots on our Self Published Bestsellers List this week, rising up the charts with her brand of “humorous romantic mystery.”
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we have compiled lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
We update these lists every week, tracking how writers perform inside these booming marketplaces. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book. If you are an author, check out our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post and our How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for Week of August 20, 2012
(Last week’s rank in parentheses)
1. Our Husband by Stephanie Bond : “Three women from different walks of life–a doctor, a socialite, and a stripper–find out they have one thing in common: a husband!” (5)
2. While It Lasts by Abbi Glines: “Cage has to decide: does he drop out and give up his dream of getting noticed by a college in the SEC, and possibly making it into the Major Leagues — or does he give in to his coach’s demands and spend his summer baling hay?” (6)
3. Her Best Friend’s Brother by T.J. Dell: “Libby has been in love with Tony Marchetti since she was seven years old. The problem? Tony is her best friend’s older brother. Lately Tony has started looking at her in a new way and he emails her all the time.” (10)
4. Finding Emma by Steena Holmes: “When Megan takes a photo of a little girl with an elderly couple at the town fair, she believes it to be her missing daughter. Unable to let go, she sets in motion a sequence of events that could destroy both families lives.” (7)
5. The Wild Ones by M. Leighton: “Cami Hines is the darling daughter of the South’s champion thoroughbred breeder, Jack Hines. Other than feeling a little suffocated at times, Cami thought she was pretty happy with her boyfriend, her life & her future. But that was before she met Patrick Henley.”
6. No Turning Back by Tiffany A. Snow: “Kathleen Turner has goals. She moved to Indianapolis to start seeing to them, but things aren’t going quite as well as she’d hoped … Turner, law office runner, can trust no one if she wants to survive.”
7. Love Unscripted by Tina Reber: “Ryan Christensen [is] the most sought after film star on the planet. Taryn Mitchell has been feigning contentment while running the family pub. Her peaceful life is tossed upside down when Ryan [takes] a shortcut through Mitchell’s Pub.” (8)
8. A Modern Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 1) by Debora Geary: “Lauren is downtown Chicago’s youngest elite realtor. She’s also a witch. She must be – the fetching spell for Witches’ Chat isn’t supposed to make mistakes. So says the woman who coded the spell, at least.” (1)
9. I Think I Love You by Stephanie Bond: “ Sisters share everything in their closets, including the skeletons… Twenty years ago, the Metcalf sisters witnessed a murder and formed a pact of silence. Now they’re estranged and scattered because they all fell in love with the same man.”
10. Easy by Tammara Webber: “A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?” (9)
Barnes & Noble Self-Published eBook Bestsellers for Week of August 20, 2012
1. For His Forever by Kelly Favor
2. Sarah’s Surrender by Lynda Chance
3. Rising Storm by Kathleen Brooks
4. For His Pleasure by Kelly Favor
5. Taken by Kelli Maine
6. Embers by Antoinette Stockenberg
7. Weekends Required by Sydney Landon
8. Not Planning on You by Sydney Landon
9. For His Trust by Kelly Favor
10. Sand Castles by Antoinette Stockenberg
Smashwords eBook Bestsellers for Week of August 20, 2012
1. Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
2. The Dex-Files by Karina Halle
3. The Last Shaman by William Whitecloud
4. Bedding the Billionaire by Ruth Cardello
5. The Great Convergence by Joseph Lallo
6. Taken by Claire Farrell
7. Don’t Forget to Remember Me by Kahlen Aymes
8. Settling the Account by Shayne Parkinson
9. The Battle of Verril by Joseph Lallo
10. The Grey God by Lizzy Ford
These three eBook lists were recorded on Monday, August 20, 2012.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns. Our list will not include writers attempting to game the system by using the names of famous authors. (Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'The Atlantis Gene' Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Samantha Towle Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Dan Blank's Advice for Writers: 'Connect With Readers One Person at a Time'
- Melody Anne's Advice For Self-Published Authors: 'Hire an Editor You Can Trust'