After a $1.99 Gold Box of the Day sale at Amazon, romance novelist Bella Andre took five spots on our Self-Published Bestsellers list with her series, The Sullivans. The Washington Post profiled her writing career last year.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we have compiled lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
We update these lists every week, tracking how writers perform inside these booming marketplaces. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book. If you are an author, check out our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post and our How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for Week of July 23, 2012
(Last week’s rank in parentheses)
1. The Look of Love by Bella Andre: “Chloe Peterson is having a bad night … when her car skids off the side of a wet country road straight into a ditch, she’s convinced even the gorgeous guy who rescues her in the middle of the rain storm must be too good to be true. Or is he?”
2. Slammed by Colleen Hoover: “Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she’s losing hope.” (1)
3. From This Moment On by Bella Andre: “Marcus Sullivan has been the responsible older brother … But when the perfectly ordered future he’s planned for himself turns out to be nothing but a lie, Marcus needs one reckless night to shake free from it all.” (-)
4. Can’t Help Falling In Love by Bella Andre: “Gabe Sullivan risks his life every day as a firefighter in San Francisco. But after learning a brutal lesson about professional boundaries, he knows better than to risk his heart to his fire victims ever again.” (-)
5. I Only Have Eyes For You by Bella Andre: “Sophie Sullivan, a librarian in San Francisco, was five years old when she fell head over heels in love with Jake McCann. Twenty years later, she’s convinced the notorious bad boy still sees her as the “nice” Sullivan twin. That is, when he bothers to look at her at all.” (-)
6. Our Husband by Stephanie Bond: “Three women from different walks of life–a doctor, a socialite, and a stripper–find out they have one thing in common: a husband!” (-)
7. If You Were Mine by Bella Andre: “The last thing Zach Sullivan wants is to take care of his brother’s new puppy for two weeks. Until he meets the dog trainer, that is. Heather is bright, beautiful, and he can’t stop thinking about her.” (-)
8. Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover: “Layken and Will’s relationship persevered through hardships, heartache and a cruel twist of fate, further solidifying the fact that they belong together.” (2)
9. Anything He Wants by Sara Fawkes: “Lucy Delacourt’s temp position isn’t quite her dream job but it pays the bills…barely. The highlight of her day is riding the elevator in the mornings: she always manages to time it so that she sees the handsome stranger every day.” (3)
10. Training Tessa by Lyla Sinclair: “Tessa Greer is so desperate for work she leaves Michigan and travels to Houston. She’s thrilled to land the ‘Receptionist Plus’ position at Maddox Brothers Inc. Now she can continue to pay the bills for her mentally ill mother’s care facility.” (4)
Barnes & Noble Self-Published eBook Bestsellers for Week of July 23, 2012
1. Slammed by Colleen Hoover
2. Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
3. Ecstasy by Bella Andre
4. Sand Castles by Antoinette Stockenberg
5. Training Tessa by Lyla Sinclair
6. Love Me by Bella Andre
7. The Roswell Conspiracy by Boyd Morrison
8. A Month at the Shore by Antoinette Stockenberg
9. For His Pleasure by Kelly Favor
10. A Charmed Place by Antoinette Stockenberg
Smashwords eBook Bestsellers for Week of July 23, 2012
1. Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
2. The Last Shaman by William Whitecloud
3. Old Blood by Karina Halle
4. Fairest by Chanda Hahn
5. Bedding the Billionaire by Ruth Cardello
6. Lucky Stars by Kristen Ashley
7. The Great Convergence by Joseph Lallo
10. Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
These three eBook lists were recorded on Monday, July 23, 2012.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns. Our list will not include writers attempting to game the system by using the names of famous authors. (Image via Horia Varlan)
- 5 Book Publishing Paths Infographic
- Hugh Howey Leads Self-Published Bestsellers List
- What Upstream Color & Walden Can Teach Us About Self-Publishing
- Bestselling Indie Author: 'DO NOT READ YOUR REVIEWS'