Erotica author Sara Fawkes climbed our Self-Published Bestsellers List this week with her new book, Anything He Wants 4: Collateral Damage. The release also propelled the first book of her series up our list.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we have compiled lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
We update these lists every week, tracking how writers perform inside these booming marketplaces. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book. If you are an author, check out our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post and our How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for Week of July 23, 2012
(Last week’s rank in parentheses)
1. Slammed by Colleen Hoover: “Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she’s losing hope.” (2)
2. Our Husband by Stephanie Bond: “Three women from different walks of life–a doctor, a socialite, and a stripper–find out they have one thing in common: a husband!” (6)
3. Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover: “Layken and Will’s relationship persevered through hardships, heartache and a cruel twist of fate, further solidifying the fact that they belong together.” (8)
4. Anything He Wants by Sara Fawkes: “Lucy Delacourt’s temp position isn’t quite her dream job but it pays the bills…barely. The highlight of her day is riding the elevator in the mornings: she always manages to time it so that she sees the handsome stranger every day.” (9)
5. Anything He Wants 4: Collateral Damage by Sara Fawkes: “When Lucy Delacourt signed a contract with Jeremiah Hamilton, she had no idea she’d be caught up in an assassination plot against the billionaire.” (-)
6. Training Tessa by Lyla Sinclair: “Tessa Greer is so desperate for work she leaves Michigan and travels to Houston. She’s thrilled to land the ‘Receptionist Plus’ position at Maddox Brothers Inc. Now she can continue to pay the bills for her mentally ill mother’s care facility.” (10)
7. A Deadly Blessing by Kathy Bennett: “The critically ill daughter of the governor of California has been kidnapped. LAPD Detective Maddie Divine is assigned to find her before it’s too late. But this high-profile case comes with secrets on every side: cops, politicians, even the innocent.” (-)
8. Love Unscripted by Tina Reber: “Ryan Christensen [is] the most sought after film star on the planet. Taryn Mitchell has been feigning contentment while running the family pub. Her peaceful life is tossed upside down when Ryan [takes] a shortcut through Mitchell’s Pub.” (-)
9. Easy by Tammara Webber: “A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?” (-)
10. Bedding the Billionaire by Ruth Cardello: “Lil Dartley’s life is upside down. Her previously steadfast and predictable sister is marrying an influential billionaire and needs help planning the wedding of the century in less than a month.” (-)
Barnes & Noble Self-Published eBook Bestsellers for Week of July 30, 2012
1. Weekends Required by Sydney Landon
2. Slammed by Colleen Hoover
3. Not Planning on You by Sydney Landon
4. Ryan’s Return by Barbara Freethy
5. Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
6. For His Honor by Kelly Favor
7. Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan
8. Sand Castles by Antoinette Stockenberg
9. Ecstasy by Bella Andre
10. For His Pleasure by Kelly Favor
Smashwords eBook Bestsellers for Week of July 30, 2012
1. Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
2. The Last Shaman by William Whitecloud
3. Fairest by Chanda Hahn
4. Bedding the Billionaire by Ruth Cardello
5. Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
6. The Great Convergence by Joseph Lallo
7. The Battle of Verril by Joseph Lallo
8. The Phoenix Rising by Richard L. Sanders
9. Slammed by Colleen Hoover
10. The Grey God by Lizzy Ford
These three eBook lists were recorded on Monday, July 30, 2012.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns. Our list will not include writers attempting to game the system by using the names of famous authors. (Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'The Atlantis Gene' Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Samantha Towle Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Dan Blank's Advice for Writers: 'Connect With Readers One Person at a Time'
- Melody Anne's Advice For Self-Published Authors: 'Hire an Editor You Can Trust'