To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we have compiled lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
We update these lists every week, tracking how writers perform inside these booming marketplaces. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book. If you are an author, check out our online course to help you finish your book, our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, February 11, 2013
1. Wait For Me by Elisabeth Naughton: “After a tragic accident left her with no memory, Kate Alexander struggled to fit in with a husband and world that didn’t feel right.”
2. Beauty from Pain by Georgia Cates: “Jack McLachlan is a winemaking magnate and easily one of Australia’s most eligible bachelors. His success and wealth makes him no stranger to the complications of romantic relationships and that’s why he goes to extreme measures to avoid the hassle.”
3. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover: “Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies. That’s what Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before.”
4. Collide by Gail McHugh: “On the heels of graduating college and trying to cope with her mother’s death, Emily Cooper moves to New York City for a fresh start.”
5. Fate Interrupted by Kaitlyn Cross: “Dean Jacobs is one of Milwaukee’s hottest eligible bachelors and in no mood to settle down, until she comes along. Evy, however, is focused on opening a new dessert bar with her sister but Dean won’t take no for an answer.”
6. The Good Lawyer by Thomas Benigno: “A young, ambitious lawyer is eager to prove he is better than the father who abandoned him and worthy of the devoted mother who raised him beyond the siren call of the mobster dominated family he grew up in.”
7. The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen: “Luck was not on Callie’s side the day of her twelfth birthday when everything was stolen from her. After it’s all over, she locks up her feelings and vows never to tell anyone what happened.”
8. Tall, Dark, and Deadly box set by Lisa Renee Jones: “Tall, dark, and deadly, these three brothers run Walker security. Each brother is unique in his methods and skills, but all share key similarities. They are passionate about those they love, relentless when fighting for a cause they believe in, and all believe that no case is too hard, no danger too dark.”
9. Someone to Love by Addison Moore: “What happens when two people who don’t believe in love, happen to fall madly into the most beautiful relationship they could ever imagine? A train wreck.”
10. Rule by Jay Crownover: “I loved Rule Archer since the first moment I ever laid eyes on him. He was everything I shouldn’t want and the only person I went out of my way to not try and please.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, February 11, 2013
1. Caught Up In Us by Lauren Blakely
2. Tall, Dark, and Deadly by Lisa Renee Jones
3. If You Stay by Courtney Cole
4. Dream a Little Dream by Antoinette Stockenberg
5. The Delilah Complex by M. J. Rose
6. The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
7. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
8. Beauty from Pain by Georgia Cates
9. The Werewolf Society Box Set by Lisa Renee Jones
10. One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, February 11, 2013
1. Spots the Space Marine: Defense of the Fiddler by M.C.A. Hogarth
2. Jocomo by Timothy Cohorst
3. Sins & Needles by Karina Halle
4. Winter’s Tale by Emma Holly
5. Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
6. Their Virgin Princess by Shayla Black Lexi Blake
7. The Proposal by Katie Ashley
9. Spinward Fringe Broadcast 7: Framework by Randolph Lalonde
Featured Self-Published Books at Apple for Monday, February 11, 2013
2. Paperless by David Sparks
3. UnEnchanted by Chanda Hahn
4. Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis
5. Daisy’s War by Shayne Parkinson
These four eBook lists were recorded on Monday, February 11, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our new Apple list, we took the first five featured self-published titles in the Breakout Books section of the iBookstore.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
(Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'The Atlantis Gene' Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Samantha Towle Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Dan Blank's Advice for Writers: 'Connect With Readers One Person at a Time'
- Melody Anne's Advice For Self-Published Authors: 'Hire an Editor You Can Trust'