|Publication or Company
||Assessment, Non-profit, Other Publishing
New York, NY
- Writing, revising, and reviewing test items (questions) based on content correctness and appropriateness, fairness, and project specifications;
- Development of Early Childhood ELA or Math items aligned to Common Core State Standards and other national standards; passages for use in low and high-stakes assessments;
- Create all required metadata fields associated with each item written
- Developing ways to use the new item types to assess aspects of ELA or Math content that may not amenable to paper-pencil assessment;
- Participation in training sessions, including participation in status and review meetings
- Helping to assemble and review field test and operational test forms, working with technical staff to meet content and statistical specifications;
- Assisting in the management of test item pools;
- Assisting in design and development of new assessments and innovative products and services;
- Working collaboratively with the Assessment team across content areas and projects while meeting rolling deadlines
- Ensure that items meet ERB writing guidelines and specifications as well as project specific guidelines.
- A bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood education
- 7-10 years’ experience in item writing for PreK-Grade 2, with strong skills in grammar
- Excellent Early Childhood literacy knowledge is required
- Experience in writing test items for low and high stakes assessments
- Experience related to higher-performing students is a plus
- Strong understanding of the common core standards interpretation, and application of best practices in item and test development
- Experience in assessment or early childhood classroom instruction is required
- Must have personal knowledge of, experience in, and sensitivity to ethnic, gender-related, geographical, and socio-economic concerns.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail, proficiency with technology
- Ability to identify problems and conceptualize solutions, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience in the activities of blueprint and item specification development, pool development, item review, fairness review, constructed response scoring, and form development
- Working knowledge of the Common Core State Standards
- Experience developing technology-enhanced items (preferred, but not required)
- Strong analytical/critical thinking skills and creativity
|About Our Company
||ERB is looking to hire English Language Arts (ELA) and Math content specialists to work on its suite of assessments, including but not limited to admission and achievement assessments. These positions are offered on a consulting basis as independent contractors, and will be expected to work primarily remotely. Length of average contract is six months to one year, with potential to renew.
(Applicants should apply for an ELA or Math position).