But you said you liked the pitch!!!
Last week we ran a guest listicle about the top things public relations flacks do that piss off our media contacts. We’ve seen a lot of these lists, and the whole thing sometimes feels like a bit of a one-sided conversation, so in a follow-up post we asked our readers to suggest some points from the other side of the screen. Here, without further ado, are eleven things the media does that really irritate PR.
1. Greeting pitches with total silence:
We know you have more important things to do, but unless we’re pitching you something as ridiculous as the “woman-proof car” you could at least write a simple “No, not interested.”
- THR 'Most Powerful' List Reflects New Media's Influence
- TurboTax Wants Your Filing Process to Be As Difficult As Possible
- New 'Tweeting Bomb Threats to Airlines' Meme Didn't Last Long
- 5 Things to Know About Choosing the Right Keywords