- Public relations is the management function of researching, engaging, communicating, and collaborating with stakeholders in an ethical manner to build mutually beneficial relationships and achieve results.
- Public relations is a strategic communication process that develops and maintains mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their key publics.
- Public relations is the engagement between organizations and individuals to achieve mutual understanding and realize strategic goals.
The public comment period is open until January 23 with a final definition expected at the end of February. For more info, annotated versions of the definitions, and to leave your comments, click here.
- The Ticker: Yahoo & Tumblr; McDonald’s; Virgin America; Climate Change; Mascots
- The Ticker: ‘The Office’; Google Glass; Amy’s Baking Company; J.C. Penney’s; Beckham
- The Colonel's Secret Recipe Unites the World
- The Ticker: Google Music; Amy’s Baking Company; Wi-Fi; Baggage Fees; NFL Star