Exclusive: TVNewser has been sent the transcript of what Jesse Jackson said Sunday morning July 6, as he prepared for an interview on Fox & Friends Weekend. Below is the partial transcript we received in our tips box, and confirmed to be authentic by Fox News Channel representatives.
Barack…he’s talking down to black people…telling n—s how to behave.
So, yes. Jesse Jackson did use the “N” word. But it was not directed at Barack Obama. Fox News and Bill O’Reilly have maintained there was more on the tape, but that the un-aired portion was not relevant to the issue at hand: about whether Obama was “talking down” to the black community.
> Update: Jackson’s statement, Al Sharpton weighs in, and more on the reaction to the comment.
• More: O’Reilly will be on with Shepard Smith at 3pmET discussing the tape…
- Former CNN, CNBC, and Fox News Business Anchor Terry Keenan Dies, at 53
- Ebola Arrives in New York; Cable News Clears the Decks for Rolling Coverage
- Geraldo Rivera: The 'Real Threat' Comes From 'The Great White North'
- 'I'm Trying to Think of a Stronger Word Than Atrocious'