“Hardball” host Chris Matthews went on with Jay Leno last night talking about the aftermath of the earthquake, what to do in Libya and the 2012 presidential race. When Leno asked him about potential GOP candidates, Matthews got no thrills up his leg.
- Mitt Romney: “He gives a bad name to empty suits.”
- Michele Bachmann: “You ought to at least know high school history.”
By the end of the political discussion, Matthews said: “That’s too mean. I want to be somewhat nonpartisan.”
- 'Pimped Out' Returns. New Clinton Book Details Old Cable News Firestorm
- The Scoreboard: Friday, July 18
- MSNBC Contributor Slams Media, Andrea Mitchell, for 'Disgustingly Biased' Coverage
- S.E. Cupp: 'Discipline Was Necessary' for NBC's Ayman Mohyeldin, CNN's Diana Magnay