“Hardball” host Chris Matthews went on with Jay Leno last night talking about the aftermath of the earthquake, what to do in Libya and the 2012 presidential race. When Leno asked him about potential GOP candidates, Matthews got no thrills up his leg.
- Mitt Romney: “He gives a bad name to empty suits.”
- Michele Bachmann: “You ought to at least know high school history.”
By the end of the political discussion, Matthews said: “That’s too mean. I want to be somewhat nonpartisan.”
- Rand Paul: When MSNBC 'Does 24-Hour News Telling the Truth' Then We'll Discuss
- The Scoreboard: Tuesday, July 29
- Would Jim Lehrer Moderate Another Debate? 'No, No, No, A Thousand Times, No'
- Meredith Vieira on Ann Curry's 'Today' Exit: 'That Was Such a Bad Time'