Diane Sawyer tops the latest Harris poll of favorite current affairs personalities. Of 26 names, respondents were asked which three are their favorites. Almost a quarter (23%) said ABC’s Diane Sawyer, while one in five each say CNN’s Anderson Cooper (19%) and NBC’s Brian Williams (19%). Bill O’Reilly (15%) and Barbara Walters (15%) rounded out the top 5. The next 5 include ABC’s George Stephanopoulos (14%), NBC’s Matt Lauer (13%), ABC’s Katie Couric (13%), talk radio king Rush Limbaugh (9%) and Fox News’s Sean Hannity (9%).
When asked which three of the personalities are the least favorite, almost half say Limbaugh (46%). Three in ten say O’Reilly (31%) and almost one-quarter say their least favorite is Nancy Grace (23%).
After the jump, a look at the numbers including the political breakdown of the favorites and where these personalities stood in this poll four years ago:
- 2,016 adults were surveyed online from January 16 – 23, 2012 by Harris Interactive.
- Neighbor Had Taken Out Restraining Order Against Fired Alaska Reporter
- America's Trust in Mass Media Declining Again
- TMZ's Harvey Levin to Fox: You're Telling Me Fox and Others Don't Pay for Great Video?
- What Are Journalists in the U.K. Most Addicted to?