An apparent incident in the middle of MSNBC’s 30 Rock newsroom earlier this month is coming to light today.
As astonished MSNBC staff members fell silent, Schultz glared around the room and yelled, “[Bleep]ers!”
Our source added, “Schultz was told: ‘If you do that again, you are fired.’ He broke down crying.”
A spokeswoman for Schultz and the network declined to comment to the Post, but did add, “The only thing that’s on fire are Ed’s ratings, and the only people crying are at CNN.”
For what it’s worth, Schultz came in second in his timeslot on election night beating HLN and CNN, in fact doubling the 6pmET hour of “The Situation Room” in the demo.
• After the jump, ad Ed incident before his MSNBC days…
• More/Video: ICN discovered that the day after the incident, Joe Scarborough mockingly walked off his own set yelling, “I’m going to torch this place.” While it seemed odd at the time, it makes perfect sense now.
- Rachel Maddow on Ferguson: 'It Doesn't Make Sense'
- Chuck Todd Signs off 'The Daily Rundown,' But Not on 'The Daily Rundown'
- Bill O'Reilly and Howard Kurtz Talk Al Sharpton's Dual Activist, MSNBC Role
- How Cable News Covered Michael Brown's Funeral, Al Sharpton's Eulogy