In part II of our MediaBeat interview with ABC News anchor Bill Weir, Weir talks about making the leap from local sports reporter to network news anchor. Also: the future of ABC News from a leadership perspective. As David Westin prepares to leave the network, who will take over? Weir: “There’s the pragmatic attitude which is: it wouldn’t be so bad if they found some Harvard MBA dropout who made a billion dollars in a web startup.”
- Part I: Yesterday — ABC News ‘Getting Leaner & Meaner by Necessity’
- Part III: Tomorrow — Covering Brett Favre in the early days
- Diane Sawyer Voices New David Muir 'World News Tonight' Promo
- Bill Wolff Named EP of 'The View;' Brian Balthazar Joining ABC Show as co-EP
- ABC Brings 'Tonight' Back to 'World News'
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off 'World News:' 'I'll See You Right Back Here on ABC News, Very Soon'