For those of you keeping score at home: this is just the fifth time in 17 years that Fox News has made changes to primetime. By comparison, CNN and MSNBC have changed their line-up a total of 75 times since 1997. CNN has made 31 changes in that time while MSNBC has made 44 changes. Fox News went on the air Oct. 7, 1996 a few months after MSNBC. Here are FNC’s evening changes since:
- January 1998 — “Crier Report” moved to 10pm (replacing “Cavuto Business Report” which moved to 5pm, then 4pm). “O’Reilly Report” (6p) became “O’Reilly Factor” and moved to 8pm. “Special Report with Brit Hume” launched at 6pm
- September 1999 — “Fox Report with Paula Zahn” moves from 7pm to 10pm and is renamed “Edge with Paula Zahn.”
- January 2002 – Greta Van Susteren joins from CNN and takes over Zahn’s spot at 10pm. Zahn had jumped to CNN a few months earlier.
- January 2009 — “Hannity & Colmes” loses Colmes, but “Hannity” remains in the 9pm timeslot
- The Scoreboard: Wednesday, April 23
- Sean Hannity Comes Out Against 'Repugnant' Cliven Bundy Comments
- Dylan Ratigan Shooting Pilot for CNN
- Megyn Kelly: 'I Try Not to Get Drunk on My Own Wine, 'Cause I Would Be the Only One'