TVSpy LostRemote AgencySpy PRNewser FishbowlNY FishbowlDC SocialTimes AllFacebook 10,000 Words GalleyCat UnBeige MediaJobsDaily

July 2014 Ratings: Fox News Marks 151 Straight Months At #1

Fox News finished its 151st consecutive month as the top-rated cable news network. FNC’s position among total viewers remains strong, with the network beating CNN and MSNBC combined. FNC finished third among all ad-supported cable networks in primetime.

The ratings for July 2014 (Nielsen Live + Same Day data):

  • Primetime (Mon-Sun): 1,799,000 total viewers / 299,000 A25-54
  • Total Day Mon-Sun): 1,024 total viewers / 203,000 A25-54

Compared to the same month last year, Fox News was the only cable news network up in primetime: up +8% in total viewers and up +2% in A25-54 viewers. For total day, the network was down -3% in total viewers and -5% in the demo.

“The O’Reilly Factor” was up +8% in both total viewers and A25-54 viewers. “The Kelly File” was up +35% in total viewers and up +16% in the demo (compared to the 9pmET timeslot last year) and “Hannity” was up +20% and +23%, respectively (compared to the 10pmET timeslot last year).

And “The Five” at 5pmET saw continued success among all of cable, marking three straight straight months as the number one show among total viewers in the timeslot.

Mediabistro Course

Multimedia Journalism

Multimedia JournalismStarting September 25, learn how to create interactive packages with photos, audio, and video! Taught by a multiplatform journalist, Darragh Worland will teach you how to come up stories that would be best told in a multimedia format, and create original content for that package using photos, slideshows, and short video and audio pieces. Register now!