Margaret Brennan wasn’t planning a career in TV news. A self-described “foreign policy geek,” who minored in Arabic in college, Brennan thought she’d be working for the State Department. But having worked at now two of the three U.S. business networks, she’s learned a thing or two about diplomacy.
In Part I of our Media Beat interview, Brennan talks about what’s changed in her two years at the network and how Bloomberg’s global footprint, gives the channel a leg up on the competition: “They have people in cities you’ve never heard of.”
- Part II Tuesday: From reporting on holiday shopping at the mall, to covering the Arab Spring
- Part III Wednesday: Bloomberg’s Big marketing push
Media Beat can also be viewed on mediabistro’s YouTube channel.
- TV News Bookers Love Senator John McCain
- Bloomberg, El Financiero Launch Business Channel in Mexico, Central America
- Justin Smith on Bloomberg TV: 'We're Sort of in the Top of the First Inning Here'
- Where Do NFL Stars Who Don't Make it to the Super Bowl Watch the Big Game?