Meredith Vieira‘s final “Today” show was filled with laughs, tears, surprises — and a lot of music.
Bruno Mars‘ “Just the Way You Are” was a sort of theme song for the two hours. Vieira also got a serenade from Carole King singing “You’ve Got a Friend,” then, in the following segment, Matt Lauer led Vieira and the entire “Today” show team for a show-stopping, live rendition of Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin’,” in which members of the “Today” family: Al Roker, Ann Curry, Natalie Morales, Kathie Lee Gifford, Hoda Kotb, EP Jim Bell, Amy Robach, Lester Holt and Jenna Wolfe — as well as Abe Vigoda and Jimmy Fallon on guitar — led Vieira through the studio, into the control room, onto Rockefeller plaza — dancing and singing, wearing t-shirts proclaiming their love for Meredith.
- Here’s the show open. We’ll post more videos later.
- Here’s the retrospective video…
- And here’s the “Today” team saying goodbye at the end of the show…
- 'Dateline' Takes 'The Road Home' to Columbine
- NBC News Crew on Mt. Everest As Avalanche Hits
- Natalie Morales: 'Mind Over Matter' During Boston Marathon
- 'MTP' Covers Anniversary of Boston Bombings Without Adrianne Haslet-Davis