While all the news networks were down this month compared to last November, due to the 2012 election, CNN was down the most. In the key A25-54 demo, the network was down -62% in primetime and down -59% for total day viewing.
The ratings for November, 2013 (Nielsen Live + Same Day data):
- Primetime (Mon-Sun): 481,000 Total Viewers / 153,000 A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 335,000 Total Viewers / 100,000 A25-54
With the news cycle dominated by partisan politics, CNN continued to suffer in the ratings. In Total Day, CNN is delivering its lowest rated month since August 2012 in total viewers and the A25-54 demo.
“Erin Burnett: Outfront, “AC360″ and “Piers Morgan Live”all had yearly lows in both total viewers and key demo. However, year-to-date, the 8pm hour of Anderson Cooper‘s show is up +25% in viewers and up +26% in the demo, the most growth of any cable news show in that hour, compared with the 2012-year-to-date. Burnett’s and Morgan’s shows are also up year-to-date as is every hour on CNN from 6am to 10pm.
- In 'The News Sorority,' Couric is 'Brash,' Sawyer 'Machiavellian,' Amanpour's 'Moral Superiority'
- Was Alleged Audio of Michael Brown Shooting on CNN a Hoax?
- Cable Network Ranker: FNC #2 in Primetime for Week of August 18
- The Scoreboard: Monday, August 25