Fox News Channel has been the most-watched news channel for 37 consecutive quarters in Total Viewers for both total day and primetime — a streak that began nine years ago, with Q1 2002. Here’s how the network finished in Q1 2011:
- Primetime (Mon-Sun): 1.921M Total Viewers / 470K A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 1.123M Total Viewers / 291K A25-54
In all of basic cable, Fox News was the fourth most watched network in Primetime. During the day, FNC was the sixth most-watched cable network. In both Primetime and Total Day, Fox News Channel beat CNN and MSNBC combined in total viewers.
“FOX Report” with Shepard Smith was the #3 show on cable news in A25-54 viewers and #5 in Total Viewers. While “Special Report” with Bret Baier was #5 in A25-54 viewers and #3 in Total Viewers. “The O’Reilly Factor” and “Hannity” were #1 and #2 in both categories.
Fox News had the top 12 cable news shows in Total Viewers and the top 8 in younger viewers.
While Glenn Beck and Greta Van Susteren easily made the Top 12, the shows are down the most for the network. Compared to Q1 2010, Beck was down -30% in Total Viewers and down -37% in A25-54 viewers, while “On the Record” was down -23% in Total Viewers and down -28% in younger viewers.
- The Scoreboard: Friday, August 29
- Which Does Chris Wallace Like Hosting More: 'Meet the Press' or 'Fox News Sunday?'
- Fox News Radio White House Correspondent Mike Majchrowitz Dies
- It Took Four People to Produce This Labor Day Cable News Special