Fox News continued its dominant hold on the cable news leaderboard in the third quarter of 2012. Led by Bill O’Reilly‘s “The O’Reilly Factor,” which just completed its 50th straight quarter at #1, the network claimed the top 10 programs in cable news in Total Viewers for the quarter.
The ratings for Q3 2012:
- Primetime (Mon-Sun): 1,999,000 Total Viewers / 392,000 A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 1,147,000 Total Viewers / 268,000 A25-54
Compared to the same quarter last year, the network is up in Total Viewers (+6% in primetime and +7% in Total Day) and down in A25-54 viewers (-11% in primetime and -4% in Total Day).
FNC’s daytime programming continues to shine among younger viewers, with almost every hour posting increases among the A25-54 demographic compared to the same quarter last year. “America Live with Megyn Kelly” leads the way with a +22% increase, while “America’s Newsroom” is up +11%, “Happening Now” is up +17% and “Studio B with Shepard Smith” is up +10%.
In primetime, “The Five” is up +32% in Total Viewers and +21% in A25-54 viewers compared to Q3 2011. This is the first true yearly quarter comparison for Glenn Beck‘s replacement show, which launched in July 2011. Both “Hannity” and “On the Record with Greta Van Susteren” were up in Total Viewers but down in the A25-54 demographic: +13%/-7% and +5%/-18%, respectively.
For the month of September, Fox News is up double digits across the board year-over-year: +26% in Total Viewers and +20% in A25-54 viewers in primetime, +22% in Total Viewers and +14% in the demographic in Total Day.
- With Tornado Coverage, Fox News Channel Formally Unveils Its 'Quick Response' Vehicle
- O'Reilly Jokes: 'James Rosen's on His Way to Guantanamo Now'
- Fox & Friends Kicks Off Summer Concert Series With Michael Bolton
- The Scoreboard: Tuesday, May 21