TVSpy LostRemote AgencySpy PRNewser FishbowlNY FishbowlDC SocialTimes AllFacebook 10,000 Words GalleyCat UnBeige MediaJobsDaily
NBCUniversal is looking for a Producer, WVIT. next job Bloomberg LP is looking for a Senior Producer. next job WTKR/WGNT TV is looking for a News Producer. next job Vidicom is looking for a TV News Writer. next job KOB - TV is looking for a Morning Executive Producer. next job WPIX11 is looking for a Line Producer. next job KGW is looking for a News Producer. next job WKOW TV is looking for a News Director. see all

Ridley Scott Producing Movie Based on Bill O’Reilly’s Book ‘Killing Lincoln’

Fox News Channel host Bill O’Reilly‘s latest book Killing Lincoln has been optioned by producer/directors Ridley Scott and Tony Scott. The Scotts will produce a two-hour documentary for National Geographic Channel based on the book, which O’Reilly co-wrote with Martin Dugard. O’Reilly will also serve as an executive producer of the documentary.

Production will begin in the Spring, with the film to debut on the channel in 2013. Nat Geo promises high quality re-enactments, as well as CGI–an element which has become a signature for the Scotts, who have worked on films such as “Alien,” “Bladerunner” and “Top Gun.”

“National Geographic has a great legacy of telling some of history’s most riveting stories,” said O’Reilly in a statement. “The assassination of President Abraham Lincoln is no exception, as it continues to be one of the most significant, life-changing events in America’s young history.”

Update: Worth a mention that News Corp. owns 75% of Nat Geo Channel, with National Geographic owning the remaining 25%.

Mediabistro Course

Get $25 OFF Podcasting

PodcastingStarting July 31, learn how to develop and create your own podcast in just a a matter of weeks! In this course you'll learn how to determine the goals of your podcast, pinpoint your concept, contact and book guests, distribute and market your podcast and more. Get $25 OFF with code CLASS25. Register now!