- According to the NY Times, Greece has shut down its public broadcaster, ERT, as part of cost-cutting measures. ERT will reopen eventually, but with a fraction of its 2,900 strong staff.
- The Television Critics Association released its 2013 TCA Award nominees. “60 Minutes,” “AC360,” “The Rachel Maddow Show,” “The Daily Show” and a PBS doc on the “Central Park five,” made the cut for “News and Information,” while Barbara Walters will receive a lifetime achievement award.
- As we noted yesterday, TV news talent goes to The Cable Show in DC to sign autographs and moderate panels. Below, the crew from FNC’s “The Five” signs for fans, while Liz Claman interviews NCTA’s Michael Powell.
- The A.M. Ticker: Reporter Missing, New Network, Colbert Stays
- The Afternoon Ticker: Liesman & Obama, Castiglia & CBS, Newt & the Root
- The Morning Ticker: Reporter Explains, 'Meet' Rumors, Kickstart CNN
- The Ticker: Vause, Labott, King