- CNN won two “Shorty Awards” last night. One award was for “Best use of Video in a Social Media Campaign” for its Royal Wedding coverage, and the other was for “Best Use of Social Media for News.” CNN notes that it has more Twitter followers than any other U.S. TV news organization, with more than 25 million followers across all of its accounts.
- ABC News anchor Barbara Walters has a new gig: Roastmaster General. Walters will serve as the roastmaster at the Friar’s Club Roast of Betty White in May. Says White in a statement: “It will be an afternoon filled with dirty words, risque jokes and sex talk . . . and that’s just what I plan on saying.”
- Former General Wesley Clark, who has served as a paid military analyst for MSNBC and Fox News, has another new TV gig. Clark will host a new series on The Military Channel called “Edge of War.” The series–which debuts April 3–looks at some of history’s most famous battles, with Clark explaining what went right and what went wrong for those involved.
- The Friday Ticker: 'Med' Ratings, Rula's Take, Battleground Polls
- The A.M. Ticker: Reporter Missing, New Network, Colbert Stays
- The Afternoon Ticker: Liesman & Obama, Castiglia & CBS, Newt & the Root
- The Morning Ticker: Reporter Explains, 'Meet' Rumors, Kickstart CNN