- NBC News is launching a company-wide initiative examining gun violence, gun legislation and gun ownership. All NBC News programs, as well as MSNBC, CNBC and NBC news Digital, will provide programming for the initiative, which is being called “Flashpoint: Guns in America.”
- “Dateline” had a very strong Friday night. Leading in to “Rock Center” at 10 PM, the two-hour edition of the program had its best total viewership rating since September of 2011, with seven million viewers.
- NBC news is partnering with the US Patent & Trademark Office and the National Science Foundation on an educational video series, ‘Science of Innovation.” Ann Curry will host the series, which highlights innovators and inventions. It will be available to NBC affiliates and schools across the country.
- How Alex Ficquette Became 'Alex on the Plaza'
- Here's What Happens When a News Magazine Uses Unauthorized YouTube Clips
- The Friday Ticker: 'Med' Ratings, Rula's Take, Battleground Polls
- David Gregory's 'Meet the Press' Seat Continues Getting Hotter