Television personalities donned pink last night for the fourth annual Newsbabes Bash for Breast Cancer, a yearly event that raises awareness and funds for breast cancer causes hosted by a group of Washington, DC-based female journalists.
The group includes breast cancer survivor Jennifer Griffin of Fox News, Megan Hughes of Bloomberg TV and Brianna Keilar of CNN, as well as several local news personalities. MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell, who had breast cancer last year, was honored at last night’s event, held at the Howard Theatre.
This year’s event also featured the “Newsmen in Pink”: Peter Alexander and Luke Russert of NBC, Peter Hamby and Don Lothian of CNN, and Jim Angle, Bret Baier, Ed Henry, Peter Doocy and Juan Williams of Fox News.
- Related, FishbowlDC: TV News Personalities: Prepare to be Pinked
Fundraising efforts this year went to George Washington University’s mammovan, a mobile unit that travels around Washington, DC to provide one-stop mammograms.
(Photo credit: WUSA)
- NBC News Produces 'The Office' Special
- Cable Network Ranker: Week of May 6
- Soledad O'Brien Developing 'White in America'
- Former CBS, NBC Correspondent Ed Gordon: Interviews Were Easier in the 'Old Days'